Norwegian Spirit electrical outlets question?

NCL1stTimer

I will be cruising on the Norwegian Spirit on March 2 and have a question regarding the electrical outlets in the cabins. I have seen on some of the boards that the main outlets are 220 and there is only one 110 outlet for up to 500 watts. Is this true? I mentioned this to my TA and she contacted NCL and was told that all of their ships sailing from the US have only 110 outlets. My fiancee is concerned about her curling iron (i understand that hair dryers are in the rooms). We will have a balcony cabin, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

What you heard is correct for the Spirit. This ship was originally for the Asian market. Most are 220 with only the one 110 rated at 500 watts. For things like dryers, curling iron, etc., you either need international ones that can be used on both 220 and 110 and use them in the 220 on this ship or get a converter which you can plug into the 220. Many stores such as Walmart, Kmart, etc., have these.

Retired Not Expired is Correct! Now a word about the hair dryers in the bathroom......they do work, but you'll soon find the plastic casing gets too hot to hold. And, the hair dryer really doesn't do the job if you have longer hair. I have thick, shoulder length hair and it was more than the bathroom dryer was able to handle. I did bring my regular dryer from home and with the converter I did not have any problems. And, I did bring along a curling iron and everything worked just fine. I didn't heat up the curling iron while I was using the blow dryer.....I think that might have been just a little too much. One appliance at a time seemed the safe way to go.

Happy New Year and enjoy your trip..............we had a wonderful cruise on the Spirit in December.

I have long hair and didn't have a problem with the hairdryers in the bathrooms. In fact, I found it did a better job drying my hair than my hand held one at home.

You can ask for adapters at the reception desk. They'll take a small deposit, so don't lose them!

Walmart has an International converter set for $19.96. I just picked one up today. I'll keep it in package so I can return if not needed. We are going on the Spirit 3/2/08 also. Check out the roll call if you have not already.

Archived