X-1 Package Questions.

nickylu818

I’ve read many posts concerning the cost of the X-1 package, and I figure I won’t really know how much til I call. What I want to know is what exactly do you get for your money? Does it include all drinks all the time, from anywhere on the ship? Is it just for meals? Need some particulars.

Please help.

I called Costa today and reserved our X1 package. They were very accomodating. Wife and I are doing back to back 1/6 & 1/13 on Fortuna.

The best thing to do is to call Costa if you are unsure of what you get with this package. It definetely seems a great value, especially if you are wine drinkers like us!

I called Costa today and reserved our X1 package. They were very accomodating. Wife and I are doing back to back 1/6 & 1/13 on Fortuna.

The best thing to do is to call Costa if you are unsure of what you get with this package. It definetely seems a great value, especially if you are wine drinkers like us!

We will be sailing Costa Fortuna 2-3-08 and my husband and I are both enjoy wine. I have called Costa about thie X-1 package a few times - and I get a recording that says leave name, number, etc. and they will call back - still waiting for a call. Did you speak with anyone in particular??

We will be sailing Costa Fortuna 2-3-08 and my husband and I are both enjoy wine. I have called Costa about thie X-1 package a few times - and I get a recording that says leave name, number, etc. and they will call back - still waiting for a call. Did you speak with anyone in particular??

i called the 1-877-88costa number, then followed the prompts for booked customers.

Need assistance? Call our cruise experts available

from 8.30 am - 8.00 pm EST, Monday - Friday

from 10.00 am - 5.00 pm EST, Saturday - Sunday

phone number: 1 877 88 COSTA

i called the 1-877-88costa number, then followed the prompts for booked customers.

Thanks for your reply - will be calling tomorrow.

I’ve read many posts concerning the cost of the X-1 package, and I figure I won’t really know how much til I call. What I want to know is what exactly do you get for your money? Does it include all drinks all the time, from anywhere on the ship? Is it just for meals? Need some particulars.

Please help.

We are sailing on the Costa Fortuna this weekend, and despite other peoples comments that this must be booked thru your travel agent or Costa 14 days prior, I was able to add it today through Special Services. The agent did say that it usually needed to be booked earlier, but she was willling to do it for me. :)

Here are the details I was given by Costa and who I called:

I called Costa Special Services at 1-800-445-8020, ext. 5009 to order ad NOT Costa General Reservations.\.

The X1 package for our cruise was approx $95 USD (I can't recall the exact number but it was $95.37 or similar)for the duration of the cruise per person. I had to pay immediately.

Individual Beverage Package (by the glass)

Beverage package can be ordered and paid before the cruise only and is for Individual Guests only (Specialty restaurants not included).

» X1 code will be printed on the passenger's Costa Badge.

» Includes white and red wines or draft beer, soft drinks, bottled water, all served by the glass in the Main Restaurant or Self-Service Restaurant during lunch and dinner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commonsense2 viewpost.gif

I called Costa this AM to order the X1 drink package. I was told that since I booked cruise through travel agent I'd have to book the package through him. No problem I said.

I called travel agent and he told me that since we are booked as a group (we are traveling with four other couples - and I don't know how many others he has booked for this cruise) - that everyone in the group would have to order this package.

I told him this made no sense to me because not everyone drinks - or would be interested in the package. He said he would check with Costa again and get back to me. Still waiting for his call.

The reason for this long explanation is I'd like to know if anyone else has been told this "rule" by their travel agents and if so what was the outcome. Thanks for any suggestions/advice anyone can give me.

I'm a little concerned because I think I read somewhere that this had to be ordered three weeks before the cruise and we leave on 2-3-08.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commonsense2

I called Costa this AM to order the X1 drink package. I was told that since I booked cruise through travel agent I'd have to book the package through him. No problem I said.

I called travel agent and he told me that since we are booked as a group (we are traveling with four other couples - and I don't know how many others he has booked for this cruise) - that everyone in the group would have to order this package.

I told him this made no sense to me because not everyone drinks - or would be interested in the package. He said he would check with Costa again and get back to me. Still waiting for his call.

The reason for this long explanation is I'd like to know if anyone else has been told this "rule" by their travel agents and if so what was the outcome. Thanks for any suggestions/advice anyone can give me.

I'm a little concerned because I think I read somewhere that this had to be ordered three weeks before the cruise and we leave on 2-3-08.

Your TA is mistaken. Each person has a card that will or will not be marked X1. With two people traveling together one can have it and one not. I just got off the ship Sunday. I did have to insist my TA order it. She knew less about it than Costa.

Can someone post the very latest X-1 pricing for certain? I've heard and read various opinions stating that the pricing has recently increased by roughly 50%. If you know the very latest pricing for just a soda card, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

I just spoke to Costa and was told the X1 is about $95 per person.. unlimited white/red wine sodas, and water.

Works out to about $13 a day... but my only concern is it only includes the sit down meals and the buffet meals... so lounging by the pool is on your dime.

Any idea how much a glass of wine costs onboard? What about mixed drinks (I'm a margarita kinda guy, hah)

Hi everyone - My travel agent just called and he ordered the X1 drink package for my husband and I. :D He said he had to make several calls to Costa and finally got it ordered. Cost was $195.45. Don't understand the different prices that have been put on the board - but nevertheless, it is ordered and we are satisfied. Thanks for all the responses and I apologize for the previous double post.

Can someone post the very latest X-1 pricing for certain? I've heard and read various opinions stating that the pricing has recently increased by roughly 50%. If you know the very latest pricing for just a soda card, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

i booked the x-1 a couple weeks ago. it was a little over $13 a day.

I did read that the X1 covered the bar by the poolside buffet. I think a recent returnee said that the card worked from 11AM till 2PM. Then from 5PM until the dining rooms close.

This is giving me a likelyhood of getting the X1..

Maybe I will get X1 and not my wife or vice versa...

I just spoke to Costa and was told the X1 is about $95 per person.. unlimited white/red wine sodas, and water.

Works out to about $13 a day... but my only concern is it only includes the sit down meals and the buffet meals... so lounging by the pool is on your dime.

Any idea how much a glass of wine costs onboard? What about mixed drinks (I'm a margarita kinda guy, hah)

Wine is $6.00 and up

I can tell you that so much of this confusion comes from Costa. I found that many of the employees were not versed on the program so the rules varied. I found a bar at the back of the ship where I made friends with the guys and threw a few bucks down in the beginning and as soon as they saw me i had a glass of wine. There is a buffet there so it was not a problem. The actual rules are you should be not at a bar but seated eating in the dining room or in a buffet room and be served by the roaming bar staff.

Some folks in our group had the X-1 and by the end of the cruise said it was not worth the money and they drink wine every evening. I did not notice how often their glasses were refilled but they felt it was not worth the cost.

Archived