Help with Key West

BarbaraD

I will be in Key West 10/26/04, our ship Rhapsody docks at 3pm and leaves at 11:59pm, I am worried about not getting to see everything I want to see, such as Margaritaville, the southern most point and eating that great key lime pie. what time does the trolley and conch train stop running? Thanks for any help:)

We did the trolley, but I think it ended around 4-4:30. You could just take a cab (we did that a lot). We had a rental car, but parking is such a nightmare, we just grabbed a cab when we went from place-to-place.

Also, when we were at the Southernmost point, there was at least 30 people in line for pics. It took a few minutes to work our way up to the front of the line. Once you are at Margaritaville, there were several places around them that sold Key Lime Pie. In fact, the building you walk through (where all the shops are-a two story building) near the pier, has a kiosk in the center that sold Key Lime on a stick and regular Key Lime pie that was very tasty.

From what I remember, the Southernmost point is quite a way from the port area (further than we wanted to walk anyway). Take a cab there and then back to Duval. You can then walk up and down Duval. There are lots of restaurants, and lots of places to get Key Lime pie. There are also lots of places near the port area with restaurants and key lime shops. We paid $2.50 per person for the cab ride.

We walked to Sloppy Joes, Hard Rock, and Margaritaville in the same afternoon. You will be there long enough to see everything you want to see.

I will be in Key West 10/26/04

You really need to prepare yourself for a BIG adventure when you arrive in Key West. The last week of October is the biggest event of the year - FANTASY FEST! Each day of the week the crowds double from the previous day. Tuesday won't be too bad but the evening will be packed. Go HERE and click on the links at the bottom of the page to learn more about the event. You will see some of the very best body painting ever!

You may want to consider a bicycle-cab to the Southernmostpoint, if you get a good driver, he/she will talk to you on the way and give you some points of interest/history tips... :D

Enjoy it, but try to be back to Mallory Square by 6:00pm, thats when the sunset festival begins each night...

Consider going off the ship, going straight to the Southernmostpoint and working your way back...

Hava blast!!

We were just in Key West on Thurs of this past week. We were the first cruise ship in that week. We walked to the point and hit 10 bars on the way. We only had about 7 hrs and we accomplished and consumed more than we could have dreamt of! Elaine

during Fantasy Fest! It's a small Mardi Gras, with the culmination on Saturday nite with a huge parade down Duval Street... very "happy" crowds galore. :rolleyes:

I think that going in on Monday, you should be OK - the crowds really started pouring in on Wednesday and Thursday!

We could hardly get into any of the bars or restaurants on Duval Street - I mean jam-packed! It was fun, but I enjoyed our trip to K/W last year in September much much more!:cool:

We'll be in K/W Oct. 13, when the Celebration docks from 7 am til 3 pm... not my choice of time slot in K/W, but it'll still be fun!:D

We enjoyed the Butterfly Conversancy (sp?), which is near Southernmost Point - thousands of butterflies fluttering around you in an enclosed garden... The Conch train is a great tour. I would recommend those two first, and then pick your other sites from there... You should be able to print off a decent map of K/W, so you'll be familiar.

Have fun!

Archived