Southern Caribbean Islands..which would you choose for snorkeling?

candy46

Hi!

We are going to Oranjestad Aruba, Willemstad Curacao, Philipburg St Maarten, and Charlotte Amalie St Thomas in less than 2 weeks and would like to snorkle at one of the islands. We have snorkled before. We will do one of the excursions offered through RCI excursion site. IF you could choose only one place of the 4 to snorkle......which would it be? Hurry...I have to decide today!! (Nothing like waiting till the last minute!)

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Candy

For ease of access and quality, I'd choose Curacao, though I don't know where the cruise line excursion will take you. Curacao offers wonderful shore access to both snorkeling and diving, and the coral and sea life is excellent.

My second choice would be St. Thomas, followed by Aruba, and I wouldn't go at all in St. Maarten.

Thank you for your suggestions for snorkeling...sounds like Curacao or St Thomas will be our pick. I just have to see which has the best sounding excursion listed.

By the way, where is Bonaire?

Any other comments regarding my original question still welcome and appreciated.Thanks again.

Candy

Bonaire is the third island of the Netherlands Antilles (Aruba and Curacao are the other two) - they're often collectively called the ABC Islands. Obviously, it's not on your itinerary, but Curacao offers very similar conditions.

Archived