Help - what to bring?

InGearX

Great ideas. I always bring zip lock bags and a copy of everyone’s passport.

I also bring business cards (not for business, but more like personal calling cards) Oftentimes we meet some nice folks onboard and it is easier (and more legible) to hand them a card at the end of the cruise, than to write down our contact information.

Enjoy,

Juried

I got just the clock for that

but "power fluctuations on board" you must be joking right? tell me you are joking!

What possible "power fluctuations on board" I hope the navigation/control room has it's own power+backup :)

Not major power fluctuations, but enough for it to be annoying if you have a clock plugged in, and time goes slower... and slower.. and slower... :)

And like DMRick said - having one that is backlit is a lifesaver. Having the portable clocks is now a must have for us.

Mini suite up you get robes,

Robes are avaialble if you ask in other cabins, never been refused even in an inside.

I called them up - they said no way

only some of the most $$$ cabins have em [and not even balcony] and we would not be able to get them (this is NCL Gem, but then again this is what we are told now - it may be different on the ship - but I will just bring my own...)

Bring the kitchen sink

kidding:D

Bring a great attitude, relax and enjoy your time off! (everybody else has a lock on the physical stuff you'll need to bring)

-Q

gooooood point

I called them up - they said no way

only some of the most $$$ cabins have em [and not even balcony] and we would not be able to get them (this is NCL Gem, but then again this is what we are told now - it may be different on the ship - but I will just bring my own...)

What do you expect head office to say, daft even ringing, minis up will have them in the cabin, but if you ask there is a good chance you will get them we did in an inside Oct, need to be nice though.

If you use the spa then you can get robes from there and get the big fluffy towels also.

On the TA we ended up with a big selection in our cabin(AF) ran out of hooks to put stuff.

I think the two items of advice that served us best on our first cruise were to pack only 1/2 of the clothes you think you need and to bring a clear over the door shoe holder for all of the little nit noy things you unpack and have nowhere to put! No one had to tell us to have a good time.. that was a gimme!! Have a great time!

Dear all, me and my girlfriend are going on the Gem - Jan 5th

And I was wondering what special items could we bring to make the cruise more special?

Like I am going to pick up:

* two way radios - for making on shore communications easier (not sure how powerful of a two-way one would need to use it on board...)

* also I want to buy two shower robes so we could go to/from the pool/jackuzi more comfy...

You sound like a wonderfully romatic guy so may I suggest you get a few of those little LCD candles to place around the cabin. I get 2/1.00 at the dollar store here. When she's in the shower place a few of them around the room.........very romantic.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

PS......NEVER assume your balcony is private!

Winnie <----> saw more than she needed to on neighbors balcony on last cruise :eek:

Archived