Laudry facilities - POH

Haylilli

Can anyone help me regarding the laundry facilites on the pride of hawaii? NCL can only tell me that there are 3 sites - 5th floor, 9th floor, and 10th floor. They do not know how many machines are available nor do they know if there is detergent available. We are on a 12 day cruise and I know we are going to have need for thiese facilities. If you also know when it seemed to be the best time to get a machine (if any) and what you may have encountered using them. :confused:

Thank you,

Haylilli

Check out this thread where I posted a map: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=618048

While my experience is with the Pearl, all of the ships in that class should be the same (to include POH).

There are three washers and three driers. There is a vending machine that dispenses detergent for $1, otherwise, no charge to use the machines. We brought our own detergent.

Hope this helps.

I was on the POH in sept and used the laudromat once. There is soap available for $1 but I brought my own. After doing my laundry my DH was minus one sock. Next time i would stay in the room to monitor things and move my wet laundry to the dryer and remove it from the dryer. If you're not there someone will do it for you because they want your machine.

I used the laundry rooms a couple of times while on PoH in October.

There are only a few washers and driers. One of the washers wasn't working so that reduced the number available so yes, if a person isn't there to personally take care of their laundry, others will do it for you as others do want/need to do laundry also.

I found very late in the evening to late night was the quiet time for the laundry. Late afternoon-early evening, the laundry room could have had 20 washers and dryers going, that is how many people popped in with their laundry and checking to see if the coast was clear for them to go get their things and come back.

On our sailing, only Tide powder was available in the machine, so if you prefer another brand or have an allergy to Tide, you might bring your own detergent.

The washers on PoH in Oct. 2007 were front loading Miele. Like I wrote on another laundry facility post, use 1/2 a box of powder or less or you may end up with soap still in your clothes at the end of the wash. :eek: :o

I was on the POH in sept and used the laudromat once. There is soap available for $1 but I brought my own. After doing my laundry my DH was minus one sock. Next time i would stay in the room to monitor things and move my wet laundry to the dryer and remove it from the dryer. If you're not there someone will do it for you because they want your machine.

Thank you as well. I will keep this in mind. We are going to be on this cruise for 12 days and really didn't want to have to wash things by hand if I didn't have to.

I used the laundry rooms a couple of times while on PoH in October.

There are only a few washers and driers. One of the washers wasn't working so that reduced the number available so yes, if a person isn't there to personally take care of their laundry, others will do it for you as others do want/need to do laundry also.

I found very late in the evening to late night was the quiet time for the laundry. Late afternoon-early evening, the laundry room could have had 20 washers and dryers going, that is how many people popped in with their laundry and checking to see if the coast was clear for them to go get their things and come back.

On our sailing, only Tide powder was available in the machine, so if you prefer another brand or have an allergy to Tide, you might bring your own detergent.

The washers on PoH in Oct. 2007 were front loading Miele. Like I wrote on another laundry facility post, use 1/2 a box of powder or less or you may end up with soap still in your clothes at the end of the wash. :eek: :o

Thank you. Thank you for the heads up on the amount to use. I assumed the later the better to get a machine. We are going to be on the 10th floor so hopefully will be easier to check in on availability. We are new to CC and cruising and I am so appreciative for all the assistance we've received from experienced cruisers. Helps make our plans much smoother.

Archived