How long does it take...

krijkee

To get off the ship at port?

I want to book a Silver Moon cruise and it means getting picked up at 9:30am and the cat departs at 10:00am.

We arrive in port at 9:00am. Is this too close to make? They require a deposit to make the booking and it makes me nervous as I don't want to lose my money if we don't make it off in time.

What do you think?

TIA

Just make it clear when you book that you are on a cruise ship that arrives at 9 AM. They will know full well if you have time to make it or not.

Lots of times, they will say an excursion starts at a certain time, but they will not actually leave the pier until everyone they expect is off the ship.

Just make sure to tell them so they know.

Hello,

We did silver moon 2 years ago and ABSOLUTELY loved it They are an awesome bunch. When you sail with them they will ask you which ship you're bookked on and arrange to pick you up at the port in Barbados. And they will get you back in plenty of time to make the ship. GO FOR IT!!! You will not be dissapointed!

I'm doubling what Salty Dingo had to say.

They are very easy people to work with. Ask them - I'd bet they'd give you a little extra time. Even so, it's unlikely that you wouldn't make it on time. Even if the ship was a little late clearing it's only a two minute walk to where you meet them.

It's a great day! :)

The tours won't leave a paying customer behind unless they are very late. They will wait for you if the ship is a little late, as they don't like to toss off customers. They want your business. They do know when the ship will arrive. Even at tender ports, they know when all of the ship's tours tenders are over.

This does not mean to be very late. Get there as soon as you can and even if you are a little late, they will wait.

Archived