What's near Sapphire Beach??

On our first trip to St. Thomas, we've decided that Sapphire Beach is our choice. We'll be on the Carnival Freedom next month, so I have no idea where we'll be docking.

Does anyone know what we can do around Sapphire Beach, are there any other attractions near there, or are there things to do near the port? We just don't want to have to each pay another $20 for a taxi to take us somewhere else.

Thanks!

We were on the Liberty last July and went to Sapphire Beach. I don't recall what else is around there. It was at least a 20 min. drive from the port and I know we passed a few other resorts on the way but they probably have some of the same amenities as Sapphire. I think the Red Hook ferry is in that area.

The beach/resort itself has a lot to offer so you may want to spend several hours there before heading back to the port area for shopping etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sapphire Beach... you can enjoy the beach, do watersports, walk over to the marina if you want to take a walk and look around. Red Hook is very short drive away, about a minute or two drive. There are a few shops and restaurants and marina, St. John ferry, offices and so on. There are other beaches close to Sapphire, they would require a short drive.

--Islander

Archived