Pier at Eden Beach resort

stitchintime

I am hoping to snorkel at the Eden Beach resort in February. Can anyone provide me with information on the pier? Will be travelling with my parents, who both have bad knees, and feel the pier is the best way for them to get into the water to snorkel. Are there steps on the pier to get in and out of the water? I am afraid the drop off on the beach might be too much for them to get in and out of the water. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

progress.gif

Stitch, I'm asking the same questions. We'll be there on Feb. 13 onboard Celebrity's Summit, and this is where we want to snorkel. Doesn't seem to be much else to do in Bonaire, does there?

• 4 weeks later...

i was at eden beach last week...both times i went in to snorkle, i went off the pier. I'm 21, and even had kind of an awkward time getting out and back onto the pier after my first trip out. The ladder doesn't go all the way down into the water and it can be a little slippery. It's very doable though, don't get me wrong....tons of people did it. However many people just came back up the beach through the water - the dropoff isn't bad and it was mostly rocks and not coral so they just walked in and out.

The snorkling is well worth it!

Like akpsoccer, we were at Eden Beach last week and I agree that it's not exactly easy getting in or out. I found it easier to enter from the pier and exit on the beach, though with the waves coming in, it can't be done gracefully! Not for sure how someone with bad knees will fair as the steps are fairly slippery. Also, if there's a dive tour going out, they load and land at that pier so it is unavailable during that time. Nice and inexpensive ($6pp for snorkel & fins, $3 for chair) place for the day. We reserved our gear in advance from Miguel A. Brito at activities@edenbeach.com.

Archived