Power supply on Oriana and Aurora

Neilius

Are the cabin power outlets on Oriana and Aurora the same as the standard UK power outlets?

Hi Neilius,

This is from the P&O Cruises Uk website http://www.pocruises.com/before-you-sail/faq-Cabin-Accommodation/Electrical-Equipment.aspx

Can hair dryers and elecric razors be used in my cabin?

Cabins on all ships are fitted with three pin standard British style sockets and the current on board is 220 volts AC at 60 cycles, so all British style hairdryers will operate normally. However, we do provide hairdryers in the cabins. Additionally all bathrooms have razor sockets with 220 / 110 volt switchable sockets.

Go to http://www.pocruises.com/before-you-sail/faq-home.aspx for answers to some more FAQs.

I hope you have a great time on these ships.

Eddie

Hi Neilius,

Yes the sockets on all P&O ships are for standard UK 3 pin plugs. Be warned though, there is only one plug near the hairdryer on the desk/vanity unit. They are generally very close to the desk and it can be very difficult to get things pluged in if they have a moulded plug.

We take a 4-way gang extention with us which makes it easier to plug multiple items in at the same time and they don't have to be right by the kettle/hairdryer on the counter.

Have a great cruise,

Feebee_71:)

"Be warned though, there is only one plug near the hairdryer on the desk/vanity unit."

I thought so too, but on the 3rd day I realised there was a double socket under the desk which you can't see for the chair that sits there! That's on the Oriana.

Caryl

Archived