Cayman shore vs. boat snorkel

baker87

Hi,

We are experienced snorkelers (dive too but have kids here) and we want to get the best underwater experience possible. Can anyone tell me if the shore snorkeling is better/worse/equal to what we would get on an excursion. We are considering Captain Marvin to see the stingrays and some snorkel stops, but if shore snorkeling is as good from the shore as the boat stops we may want to see the stingrays via the waverunner expedition and then snorkel from shore.

Thanks

Hi,

We are experienced snorkelers (dive too but have kids here) and we want to get the best underwater experience possible. Can anyone tell me if the shore snorkeling is better/worse/equal to what we would get on an excursion. We are considering Captain Marvin to see the stingrays and some snorkel stops, but if shore snorkeling is as good from the shore as the boat stops we may want to see the stingrays via the waverunner expedition and then snorkel from shore.

Thanks

The shore snorkeling is good, but the boat snorkel is a mich better idea. Capt Marvin's "full day" trip visits Coral Gardens, the Barrier Reef as well as Stingray city. The kids will love the Stingrays, and Capt Marvin's crew will take good care of them.

The shore snorkeling is good, but the boat snorkel is a much better idea. Capt Marvin's "full day" trip visits Coral Gardens, the Barrier Reef as well as Stingray city. The kids will love the Stingrays, and Capt Marvin's crew will take good care of them.

I'd go with the stingrays too.

while i was very happy with my snorkel at Grand Cayman with Captain Marvin 2 years ago, i remember a guy on the ship who raved about seeing 2 great sites (including a wreck) on the boat organized snorkel excursion. However, he didn't get to go see the stingrays.

Archived