The Silver Whisper in Sydney tonight

ging466

Hi

I've just been to see the Whisper in Sydney this evening. She headed out on her way to Auckland around 8pm tonight.

I'm keen to hear about the cruise down from Cairns. We've had massive seas all along the eastern seaboard of Australia and I note that she arrived into Sydney some 6 hours late today. Hope it wasn't too unpleasant for the passengers. I'm cruising on Whisper in Dec this year so am interested to hear how she performed in the big seas.

Cheers

Ging466:)

Hi, I just read your post about the Whisper beeing in Sydney and saw you are on it in December this year. Are you sailing from Singapore to Sydney?

My husband and I will be on that trip its our first Silversea sailing and we are so looking forward to it. Hope the weather will be better !!!

Maria

Hi Maria

I'll be on the same voyage as you. I'm flying from Sydney Australia to Singapore to pick up the Whisper and then cruise home to Sydney. It is my first Silversea cruise also. I'm travelling solo...can't wait. The ship looks great. It's really nice to meet someone online who will be travelling too. We will have to catch up on board. We have a long time to wait but the time will fly by I'm sure.

Regards

Jennifer:)

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your kind reply. We are flying from Amsterdam to Singapore on the 2th of December so we won't miss the ship if the plane is delayed.It sure is nice to meet on this board before the cruise. You will not miss us on the Whisper because my husband is in a wheelchair (he will hate me for telling this):( It will be my second cruise ever. This summer we go to

Norway and Spitsbergen on a cruise aswell, that will be my first one. Looking forward to both of them. But the trip to Sydney is special because we are spending Christmas with the children an grandchildren!!

Hope to meet you on the Whisper.

Best regards,

Maria

Best regar

My wife and I were on a wonderful Silver Whisper cruise a couple of years ago. One night, while dining in the Terrace, we began chatting with an older couple at an adjacent table. They were fun, interesting, and lively, and clearly having a blast on the cruise. Only when dinner was over, did we find that the wife was in a wheelchair. That fact had not been apparent, and didn't seem to slow either of them down.

Silversea ships frequently have more than one guest in a wheelchair. So, I'd suggest offering some other means of identification, if you want to meet someone you've chatted with on the boards. For example, suggest a location and time--"We'll be poolside between 4 and 6 on the first day (depending on sail-away time), and I'll be wearing a wide-brimmed blue hat."

Hope this helps.

--Rich

The Silver Whisper is in Melbourne today. It is a glorious day, a gentle breeze, top temperature expected about 25C. We have had a respite for a couple of days from the extreme heat we have been having for the past month. The seas are flat down here so it should be smooth sailing to Tasmania tonight.

Wishing the passengers onboard a lovely day in our friendly city.

We are hoping to be onboard some time this year.

My wife and I were on a wonderful Silver Whisper cruise a couple of years ago. One night, while dining in the Terrace, we began chatting with an older couple at an adjacent table. They were fun, interesting, and lively, and clearly having a blast on the cruise. Only when dinner was over, did we find that the wife was in a wheelchair. That fact had not been apparent, and didn't seem to slow either of them down.

Silversea ships frequently have more than one guest in a wheelchair. So, I'd suggest offering some other means of identification, if you want to meet someone you've chatted with on the boards. For example, suggest a location and time--"We'll be poolside between 4 and 6 on the first day (depending on sail-away time), and I'll be wearing a wide-brimmed blue hat."

Hope this helps.

--Rich

Thankx for the suggestion Rich. Will definitely do this - we've got plenty of time to get organised. :D

Cheers

Jennifer

You're welcome, Maria. I was hoping, too, to provide information that might help your husband feel less self-conscious about being in a wheel chair.

I have a slight clue about how that might be: I recently had emergency back surgery when a disc collapsed inward and pressed on the spinal cord. I had to use a walker for several weeks following the surgery and was embarrassed to be seen.

In any case, my guess is that most people on your cruise will take your husband for the individual he is, and NOT as a "man in a wheelchair."

--Rich

My wife and I will be on the Silver Whisper Feb 1-18. We plan to stay two nights in Sydney at the Marriott. How is the ship? this our first time on Silver Seas. We plan to fly out of Lax via Cathay Pacific.

Archived