Norovirus sweeps Britian!

electricron

I will take the throne as queen of sea sickness, amusement park ride sickness, back seat of vehicle sickness. Bonine works! I take Benedryl for sinus and got very ill on a plane that Bonine turned right off after it disolved in my mouth. So I take a pill on the ride to the airport & I am ready to fly & cruise for 24 hours. Then every morning I eat another one.

Benadryl is great for sinus & alergies but not sea sickness. For my Vertigo I take bblue pills that I get 100 for $5 but I can take 10 on a cruise & still barf. So BONINE WINS!

Oh, no, no, no. I certainly didn't take it as a correction on your part. In reading your post I started thinking to myself that what I had said initially just didn't sound right. Went and looked it up and realized I had made an error. I am actually incredibly glad you made your post as I would never have realized my error. You just mentioning the name Benadryl (which by the way, you were absolutely correct-that is the brand name for diphenhydramine!) is what made me question what I was saying.

I have also heard of using Benadryl for the nausea caused by motion sickness. It works in the same way that Bonine and Dramamine do because it is also an antihistamine. But, once the vomiting has started, there isn't a whole lot out there that will stop it.

BTW-my first comment about trying to be helpful was totally directed at myself! I should know better than to give medical advice without first confirming facts!:o All is good!

Macop-while Bonine (meclizine) is certainly the drug of choice for motion sickness, Benadryl (diphenhydramine) has also been approved for the treatment of motion sickness. Years ago, while working in OB/GYN, our doctors would recommend Benadryl for our patients that could not tolerate meclizine (and for those of you keeping track, I did check my facts this time in the PDR!).

Anorak33-yes, I did mean "sanitized" my bathroom (of course, it also helped with the smell, thank goodness!).

Archived