Bonine or Sea Bands?

WedNoMor

my first cruise i wouldnt leave my bed i felt so sick. my parents thought it was faking it but when they realized i was really sick they bought the bands. i love them!! i put them on before i get on the ship because in the past i would wait and then feel to sick to put them on when we hit rough seas. my dad has asked past stewards what they recommend and they say DONT drink water when you feel sick and DONT lay down. you feel the rocking even more. but DO eat a green apple. i dont know what the apple does but it helped. and my family also tries to book rooms in the middle of the ship. less rocking= happy cruiser!!!! :)

Also if you tend to get seasick be sure to get a cabin as low as possible in addition to the middle of the ship as you will get less motion.

On our first cruise, we hit some swells in the Atlantic and I started getting queasy. I took some Dramamine (may have been Bonine) and got really sleepy. We asked in one of the ships shops for something else and they recommended the Sea Bands - worked wonders! I kept them on for about a day - went swimming with them and everything - and then took them off when we got back into the calm waters of the Caribbean. I plan on getting a couple more sets for my kids when they take their first cruise in April. I also want to get the ginger tablets just as a precaution - not for me as much as for the kids.

Do you have to wear a Seaband on each wrist for them to work? Due to lumph node surgery on one arm, I cannot wear anything tight on one of my arms.:( Would one Seaband work or would it just be a waste of money?

Do you have to wear a Seaband on each wrist for them to work? Due to lumph node surgery on one arm, I cannot wear anything tight on one of my arms.:( Would one Seaband work or would it just be a waste of money?

That I wouldn't know. They work on accupressure points so maybe you do need both??? I'll try "Googling" it and see what pops up! If it works with just one, then maybe I can save a little money (not that these are all that expensive) and only buy one set for the kids!! :D

I used the Scopolamine patches on our Norway cruise but had such a bad rebound reaction when I took them off when I got home that I ended up in hospital with cardiac arrhythmias. Having checked this site I then tried to get Bonine and found its called "Travelease" over here. It works well. I was drowsy but in a good way!-quite relaxing to have a sleepy morning then get up at lunch feeling great with the worst of the Bay of Biscay behind us. Interestingly our waiter insisted on sending me a little package of crystallised ginger. He would know.............

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived