Minimal age for RCL Adventure Ocean program during diner time

pboisso

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I have some difficulties to find using the search tool, so here it is.

I'm seeing posts that says that their 2 year old baby were going to Adventure program while going to the early seating diner, but I just called RCL and they said it was for 3+.

So it looks like they are sometime taking younger childs. What is the real minimal age they are going to take? Our little boy is going to be 23 months at sailing time and we would like to send him after his diner while we finish ours. Will that be possible?

Otherwise, are babysitting service going to take care of him outside our cabin? Because he is not going to sleep at 6:30...

Thanks again for all your help, we love this forum (we are new to it but will try to contribute also).

No, on Royal Caribbean, the age for Adventure Ocean any time of day is 3 years AND potty trained. There is in cabin babysitting...but it is just that... In Cabin. You will not have any other choices but to have your young one with you at dinner. The only programming that Royal Caribbean has for the younger children is a play time WITH parents ... about an hour each day to play in the room provided and with toys provided.

I know Carnival will take kids 2 years old into their program... but your child will be just shy of that too.... I dont think they will budge on his age and they will know since you have to provide age documents for all kids on board.

Hi, on this subject can the kids under 3 go into the kids club if they are supervised by an adult on Royal Caribbean?? I notice they do sessions for children under 3 with a parent present but can we use the club toys etc outside of these session hours if i am present and supervising?

Thanks

Magic

No, the toddler play groups are seperate and held in a different room. You may be ablet to borrow some toys to bring to your cabin... not sure on this...

I have not personally used the toddler play times... but I recall them being 1 or 2 times during the day for about 45 minutes or so. And yes, it is play time with a parent.. no drop off.

They will not let you in the 3-5 room to play with your younger child... infact, they do not want any adults in the room past the sign in table. This helps with mataining a safe environment ( knowing who belongs to who) and helps with kids that are having a harder time adjusting.

Hi, on this subject can the kids under 3 go into the kids club if they are supervised by an adult on Royal Caribbean?? I notice they do sessions for children under 3 with a parent present but can we use the club toys etc outside of these session hours if i am present and supervising?

Thanks

Magic

No, the toddler play are just 45 minute sessions called "Aqua Tots and Aqua Babies"

They don't hold it at AO. It is in a different area. The 45 minute sessions are for kids under 36 months with their parents. It's just a chance for them to play with some toys and some parents to meet with each other.

You cannot enter Adventure Ocean with a child under 3. You can't even stay in Adventure Ocean with a child over 3. Parents are pretty much asked to leave.

Thank you for your replys. We just came off a Princess cruise and they were happy to let the infant in the kids club to play so long as an adult was there. It does make me rethink whether RCI will be suitable for us with the 2.5yr old. I'm sure we'll get by! I cant wait!

Thanks again.

Geez the 26 posts you have already written this month have been such a great help. Welcome to Cruise Critic. :rolleyes:

I agree. I just looked thru his posts and they are rude, ignorant and trashy. I can't believe a moderator hasn't banned him yet.:mad:

To the OP, it is defintely 3yrs old so unless you pay for the babysitting and the big thing is, IF it is available - you will have to bring him with you to the dining room.

Don't worry about being with RCCL. Even at 23 months, he wouldn't be able to go anywhere on any fleet I don't think. They are very strict about the correct ages. Hopefully you can get some babysitting services a few nights. Book as soon as you get on the boat. Good Luck!

Thank you for all the feedback, much appreciated. We finally decided to change for early seating and will bring both with us. The little one won't be much of a problem, she will likely be sleeping or hanging in the stroller and our 23 months boy is not too bad at restaurants lately, so hopefully he will enjoy the diner for a few minutes ;-).

We even have some hope that after a full day of running away on a ship or at the beach that he may just eat and fall asleep in the stroller also :) .

Archived