They changed our room

ssaphyre

Hello - I went online and looked at our cruise edocs today for our Feb. 2nd PoAl sailing. They changed our room - we had reserved room 9064 and I notice our docs state we are in room 9036. Both are balconies, but we were on the port side which I heard is great for the sea days, etc. We did not book a GNTY. This is my first cruise. Does this happen often? Any advice?

Thanks - Jo-Anne

Is it just two of you sailing? Check the max number of people allowed in 9064... is it more than 2? Is the max in 9036 only 2? If you answered yes to all the above, there's your answer. NCL wants to sell the cabins that can hold more people to those parties with more people. They do that all the time.

If 9064 is just a 2 person cabin, then maybe a more important passenger wanted that cabin and they bumped you out to make room. That does not happen often, but it can happen.

Hello - I went online and looked at our cruise edocs today for our Feb. 2nd PoAl sailing. They changed our room - we had reserved room 9064 and I notice our docs state we are in room 9036. Both are balconies, but we were on the port side which I heard is great for the sea days, etc. We did not book a GNTY. This is my first cruise. Does this happen often? Any advice?

Thanks - Jo-Anne

You are still on the port side but now mid ship. No usual to be moved. I would say you now have a better location but if you want your old cabin hurry and call.

I would say 'stay where you are' -- mid-ship is a much better location (where they moved you).

It may be they had a family who wanted adjacent cabins so they moved you to a different but better location. On the theory that most customers would never object to being moved to a better location.

I know I wouldn't.

Thanks to you all for your responses. As I said, I'm a first time cruiser so wanted to make sure that I was being treated fairly. I like the idea of being more mid ship......I will just keep what they gave us :) Have a great day - 4 weeks to go for me before we cruise.

jo-anne

you have a great attitude about it! good for you!

what i would do (just to be safe) is call and ask exactly why you were moved, and say that since they are willing to move you, maybe they'd be willing to move you right into a suite (mini or other), that it would definately relieve some of the inconvenience of the stress caused to you by having a cabin change without being asked first :)

hey, it can't hurt!

Is it just two of you sailing? Check the max number of people allowed in 9064... is it more than 2? Is the max in 9036 only 2? If you answered yes to all the above, there's your answer. NCL wants to sell the cabins that can hold more people to those parties with more people. They do that all the time.

If 9064 is just a 2 person cabin, then maybe a more important passenger wanted that cabin and they bumped you out to make room. That does not happen often, but it can happen.

We hadn't heard any reports of this for a long time, but back in 2006, it was happening quite frequently.

NCL is famous for moving people and not telling them and then when you try to get your old cabin back or seek some sort of compensation, they ignore you or tell you: "well at least you are still on the ship."

There have been several reports of people (including a family that ended up being seperated) showing up at the pier only to find that their cabins have been moved.

At least NCL should have the courtesy to notify you when your cabin has been changed without you asking for it! But that's right... Colin and the boys are afraid that doing things proper might cost them some extra money.....and we can't put doing what's right for the customer ahead of us making an extra buck.....

We were on the Star for Thanksgiving and there were two cabins were closed for major maintenance which went on for the full 8 days. Things can happen to rooms which cause them to be out of order at times. I'm not saying that is why you were moved, but it IS a possibility. I'd just figure they had a good reason and be grateful I didn't have the "problem" cabin! If your new cabin had been in a poorer location, I would have complaind. Oh, and I probably would call anyway...a perk might be in order:D

Archived