Give me something to look forward to........

sogamusicman

Hi, y'all!

We are sailing on the Oosterdam in April. This is our third cruise. First two were on Carnival Inspiration and Imagination in November and December (yes, we loved it so much we were back in the water as quickly as possible!). I teach and can't go again until April. Tell me what you believe are the biggest differences between the two cruise lines. Also, we're doing the Mexican Riviera (Cabo, Maz, PV). We love history and architecture. Any ideas on excursions? Thanks in advance!!

As an avid Carnival cruiser who is now totally hooked on HAL I would say the biggest differences that we noted immediately was the level of service and relaxed atmosphere on HAL. We have had good service on Carnival but the service on HAL easily exceeds even our very best experiences on Carnival.

Carnival is great fun with lots to do but it has sort of a manic feel to where I always felt rushed to be doing something. On HAL I noticed they actually had more activities offered including many of the activities available on Carnival plus things like cooking and mixology classes. I just never felt like I has to rush to get to the next thing.

On HAL we never felt the crowd or line-ups that are frequent on Carnival during embarkation, in the Lido (We ALWAYS found tables to accommodate us on HAL, this can be a huge problem on Carnival especially with a group), tendering, etc. Everything just runs eally smoothly and calmly.

The staff is so friendly on HAL and they seem to be happy. On Carnval many of the staff seem overworked and disguntled.

Nightlife, I think it is what you make of it but I would have to give the edge to Carnival if you like a crowded disco atmosphere. I really enjoyed Northern Lights on the Zuiderdam mainly because the staff was really good about tailoring the experience to those of us that were there. We got to hear music we liked, met some other greatpeople and each night was more like an extended family party.

That are the things I found to be most noticeable. If yo have specific questions I'd be happy to answer what I can.

Hi! My husband and I will be cruising the Mexican Riviera in April! (April 19). This will be our 4th cruise. We have done Holland, NCL, and Princess. We have not cruised Carnival so I cannot make the comparison. However, from the three cruises we have taken, overall, we liked Holland the best!

you will love HAL .. welcome aboard. this is a very nice cruise segment. We did very little excursions as it was just too enjoyable to cruise and do nothing. be leery of any local excursions as others had some serious problems with them - book thru HAL your excursions to avoid issues.

harry

Archived