catamaran

LynandBill

• 2 weeks later...

This was actually a question that I had three weeks ago and no one could answer it. Well I am happy to say that I now can answer it. We had done the Bayahibe Beach break in the past so we took our chances and did the catamaran. I was told that it sells out early so I booked it early, ready to be "disappointed" when it ended up over crowded. We were picked up at the pier and driven a short distance to another pier where we boarded a very nice, and one of the largest catamarans that I had ever been on, and we have been on a few. The boat held 120 people but there were only 65. This left plenty of room for lying on one of the front hammocks, the deck, grabbing a seat, etc. Lena was a very helpful guide and the crew was extremely polite and professional. There was juice and coke to drink en route to snorkeling and rum to add to it on the way back. The reef was probably a "5" out of "10" but there were plenty of fish. The crew threw bread into the water to feed to the fish. We anchored just off Catalina island and some snorkelers swam ashore for a little while. Both en route and back to the pier, we were under sail. A very pleasant experience for sure. On the other hand, La Romana I could have done without!

Archived