anyone try coral breeze tours co?

zura

Hi,

We're signed up for a snorkel tour on February 28th with Coral Breeze based on all the great reviews we've read on these boards. I had some questions about the tour and sent an email which was promptly responded to. I'll write a review when I get back...

We did the tour several years ago, went to the coral reefs, snorkeled with the stingrays (and an 8 foot nurse shark was there!), stopped at the private island and it was paradise. We went with friends who had never cruised before, and the husband said it was the best day of his life. I would have no problem going back with them again. We will be in Belize in 2 weeks and haven't cave-tubed yet, so that is what we are doing, but I would have no problem doing the same tour again (actually I wanted to, and DH wants to try something new!).

The crew was excellent, and it was a perfect day.

We booked the Caye Caulker snorkeling excursion this past July with the family. We had such a fantastic time, we are repeating the excursion in Feb. with friends. The tour company were great to work with. The excursion was absolutely amazing. The guides were just wonderful. Looking forward to seeing them in Feb.

Good Morning,

Needing input about this company if there is anyone out there with prior experience? Thanks!

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/Caye/Caulker/cruise/snorkeling/current_category.15/Product.2/tours_add.html?t_product=2:)

We used them this past October for the Belkin Brewery\City tour. Our guide was Cornel and he was very knowledgable of the city and showed us both the good and bad sides of the city. The contact Mark here in the States was very prompt and actually scheduled the brewery tour especially for us, as they normally only offered cave tubing on the day we were there.

Hope this helps

We took our 2 adult children and their spouses on the reef/sting ray, w/lunch excursion December, 2006. The boat ride to Caye Caulker was beautiful. We dropped of the beach goers and went on to snorkeling. Our entire trip was very personal, and informative. Lunch at Caye Caulker was good with local fare (stewed chicken plate). Very laid back and relaxing with only twelve people on the tour. Considering them again for December 2008.

We booked the Caye Caulker snorkeling excursion this past July with the family. We had such a fantastic time, we are repeating the excursion in Feb. with friends. The tour company were great to work with. The excursion was absolutely amazing. The guides were just wonderful. Looking forward to seeing them in Feb.

How long did it take to get to Caye Caulker on the boat?

Cross posted from another thread.---

DW and I are just back from Belize and snorkled with Coral Breeze. Overall, the run was a good but not great trip. The staff is helpful and friendly. We are used to snorkling at sites and being left alone to explore. Our first snorkle site (#2 was Shark Ray- an unforgetable and spectacular experience) required everyone (20 of us) to swim quite an extended distance from the drop site out to the snorkel site on the reef. We had a wide range of skill levels and the group swim was S-L-O-W. Once out to the reef we saw some good stuff (2 Moray eels were the highlight). But within 10 minutes or so of arrival, we had to swim back. Cay Caulker is a totally laid back place. We sampled a local spot rather than the tour lunch and nibbled nachos and sipped Bellikins in a cool open air restaurant.

Caye Caulker took about 40-45 minutes to get to. Little quiicker on the way back because they did not stop to do all the pre-snorkel talk and show some sight seeing points.

Thanks for the info. We are going with three little guys to the Bannister /snorkeling tour , so expectations are so low compared to just me and my DH. BTW, I take it you play/enjoy hockey. All my boys play, will sometimes peek over my shoulder when I am on here, and thought your name was great! "Why didn't you pick a name with hockey and our numbers in it Mom?" LOL

Hi, i booked with Coral Breeze for Feb cruise to see the manatees and then snorkel. Has anyone taken this tour? I know the company is reputable as I booked with them 2yrs ago for the Caye Caulker and snorkel tour and loved it. I am wondering if you really saw manatees and what the snorkeling is like on this one?

Hi, i booked with Coral Breeze for Feb cruise to see the manatees and then snorkel. Has anyone taken this tour? I know the company is reputable as I booked with them 2yrs ago for the Caye Caulker and snorkel tour and loved it. I am wondering if you really saw manatees and what the snorkeling is like on this one?

I just did this tour with Coral Breeze last Wed. Jan.23rd. We looked, but, did not see any Manatees. We saw dolphins and the snorkling was good. Bannister island was nice.

A word of caution about the boat we were on, it did not have anything on the deck of their boat to keep you from slipping. It's just wet fibergalss and very slippery. I was coming in the boat from snorkling and slipped badly. My knee is messed up now. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to see if my ACL is torn. Just be very careful!

Thanks for the info on the manatee/Bannister tour. We booked it in Feb. How was the ride to the snorkeling and island? Did you get seasick? Was the water warm in both places? Did you have any time to look at shops in Belize? Any info helpful..

We also did the Bannister/manatee tour on Jan. 8th. We did not see any dolphins but we did see alot of manatees. Coral Breeze really tries to let you see them. The water was warm and we had about 45 minutes to shop before we had to get on the ferry to go back. The boat ride to the island is fast. Nobody got seasick but, if you usually do I would take something.

Archived