Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

Hello there, Just returned from the Freedom last week! Had a blast!! Todd is back as CD and is a Hoot.. Make sure if they do the bar crawl/end at Lido deck party, do it!! We had so much fun to be sober!! LOL

I didn't see any Rot. Chix. but with so much other food around, I could have missed it..

Hi Tina,

I'd love to hear more about the Bar Crawl. A bunch of us will be on the Freedom Feb 2010 and I can totally see us doing something like that.

And what are Rot.Chix's? Maybe a silly question but for the life of me I can't think of what they are. :o

Hi Tina,

I'd love to hear more about the Bar Crawl. A bunch of us will be on the Freedom Feb 2010 and I can totally see us doing something like that.

And what are Rot.Chix's? Maybe a silly question but for the life of me I can't think of what they are. :o

Pretty sure she meant Rotisserie Chicken. They've put it on a few ships, but not the Freedom yet ...

Joanne

We are booked for May 9th and have the same cabin. I noticed you said you had the balcony divider unlocked. Did the divider then block either of the rooms doors or window? We had them do this once but the divider would swing back and forth and you had to hold it in place with a chair, it would also block one room from using their door to the balcony. At night you would hear it slamming back and forth. Did we do something wrong???

Looking forward to sailing Freedom in June - just 12 weeks to go! We have an aft balcony and I'm already thinking about balcony breakfast followed by a daily invasion of little paper umbrellas. ;)

What kind of experiences have folks had brining wine/soda aboard? We would probably only bring a bottle each and maybe two 6-packs of soda. Not likely to be a problem, is it?

Looking forward to sailing Freedom in June - just 12 weeks to go! We have an aft balcony and I'm already thinking about balcony breakfast followed by a daily invasion of little paper umbrellas. ;)

What kind of experiences have folks had brining wine/soda aboard? We would probably only bring a bottle each and maybe two 6-packs of soda. Not likely to be a problem, is it?

You're actually going on the sailing I was initially planning on doing! Please come back and let me know how it goes!

I took a 12 pack of Diet rite in my carry on along with some water and a bottle of wine. They scanned it and gave it to me. Now we went in January so there was no Spring break attitude so I am convinced they don't treat the passengers the same if they think they are going to try to get drunk and crazy vs. reasonable behavior.

I would have argued with them about the Diet Rite if they told me to get rid of it. They didn't have it onboard and it is the only diet, caffeine free drink that is sweetened with Splenda so my brain isn't affected by aspertane. I brought the water because I blow up like a blimp from all the salt in the food so I have to flush my system.

Enjoy the Freedom, it was wonderful. Our friends went with us and now say they will book Carnival again. They were kind of hesitant to book Carnival because they heard it was so rowdy. Needless to say, they had a great time.

Can anyone tell me how cool the air conditioning is on board? I like it cool in the cabin and in the public places!! I usually bring a small fan for the room. We just got off the Emerald Princess and I found it to be very warm in the dining room and in the theatres.

We'll be on the Freedom February of 2010.

Jane

I took a 12 pack of Diet rite in my carry on along with some water and a bottle of wine. They scanned it and gave it to me. Now we went in January so there was no Spring break attitude so I am convinced they don't treat the passengers the same if they think they are going to try to get drunk and crazy vs. reasonable behavior.

I would have argued with them about the Diet Rite if they told me to get rid of it. They didn't have it onboard and it is the only diet, caffeine free drink that is sweetened with Splenda so my brain isn't affected by aspertane. I brought the water because I blow up like a blimp from all the salt in the food so I have to flush my system.

Enjoy the Freedom, it was wonderful. Our friends went with us and now say they will book Carnival again. They were kind of hesitant to book Carnival because they heard it was so rowdy. Needless to say, they had a great time.

Thank you, Linda. And yes, on further review, I see it's only ELEVEN weeks. (Yay!)

Anyone been on the 8-day eastern route(San Juan, Antiga, Tortola)? I would love to hear about it!!!

Are there classes offered in the gym? What is the minimum age for the gym? I know it's 16 on RCCL. I have 2 teenage daughters.

Anyone been on recently to tell me about the movies they show on deck?

Tell me everything I'd ever want to know about the Freedom! Thx :D

We did the 8-day in December. The two elegant nights were Sunday and Friday. As far as the movies shown, they included The Bucket List and Polar Express and concerts such as Hall/Oates, Randy Travis & Peter Frampton. It was a great trip-loved the ports.

We did the 8-day in December. The two elegant nights were Sunday and Friday. As far as the movies shown, they included The Bucket List and Polar Express and concerts such as Hall/Oates, Randy Travis & Peter Frampton. It was a great trip-loved the ports.

Thank you SO much! What did you do in every port? particularly Tortola and Nassau?

At San Juan we took an horse carriage ride and shopped.

At St. Thomas we rode up the skylift, shopped and went to Magen's Beach.

At Tortola we booked with Patouche Charters to go to the baths.

At Antigua we booked with Eli's Ecotour.

At Nassau we did a walking tour (printed off the internet) and shopped.

We loved each one. The baths in Tortola was especially nice because we were the only ones who booked and had a private charter to ourselves.

At San Juan we took an horse carriage ride and shopped.

At St. Thomas we rode up the skylift, shopped and went to Magen's Beach.

At Tortola we booked with Patouche Charters to go to the baths.

At Antigua we booked with Eli's Ecotour.

At Nassau we did a walking tour (printed off the internet) and shopped.

We loved each one. The baths in Tortola was especially nice because we were the only ones who booked and had a private charter to ourselves.

brcruiser,

When you did Eli's Ecotour where did you go & how did you like the tour. Looking into this for November:D.

Do you remember when the shops closed in San Juan?

Thank you, LU

You're actually going on the sailing I was initially planning on doing! Please come back and let me know how it goes!

Shenika - I'll be happy to give you all the lowdown, will probably post a review on the Members Review board. Too bad you won't be joining us but please let us know about your trip, too - I haven't been to E. Caribb for a while and would like to go there again soon.

My wife, daughter (6 yr old) and I are going to be sailing on the 28th of June. This is the first time we have taken our daughter on a a cruise with us, what have other done when cruising w/ a youger child. I know there are kids camps and everything, but I wanted to spend some family time together and enjoy this trip. Any suggestions?

Hi Can anyone tell me what the Habana Lounge is on the Freedom? I see according to the Capers that there is a latin music band there? Is there a dance floor there? Is there any dancing done at Habana??

Thanks everyone

:)

Cigar bar! Dance floor yes, and latin band starts usually 5pm

Shenika - I'll be happy to give you all the lowdown, will probably post a review on the Members Review board. Too bad you won't be joining us but please let us know about your trip, too - I haven't been to E. Caribb for a while and would like to go there again soon.

I will be sure to post a review when I get back! I usually check the member review boards once a week so I will be looking for yours!

Archived