Young New Cruiser

Surf_Chick

Im set to sail on the 26th Jan on the N805 Week Fantastique :p

this is my first cruise so im extremely excited... Im going on there with my best mate, we are both female and Single and 20/21, so ready for a good time...

Are there any good tips people can give us, or is anyone going on the same cruise???

Thanks Heaps

Kate :D

Hey there and welcome to the boards,

If you want to see if anyone is going on your cruise, check the Roll Call area to see if there is one for your cruise.

My tip would be, dont spend all day sleeping after a big night, there is so much fun you can miss! Also be wary of your drinks and so forth just like you would at any club or pub.

Apart from that, have fun and stay safe!

Thanks for that Sarah :) hehe no i dont plan on sleeping all day thats for sure, i dont think i will want to sleep cause there will be so much to do hehe, im really looking forward to visiting the islands and going snorkelling, after reading everyones review i see that it would be cheaper to buy my own gear before travelling...

what are the average prices for drinks on board, eg, standard spirits & cocktails? i have no idea on that...

I was thinking about taking $1500 spending money for the islands and on board, will this be a good amount??

Thanks for that Sarah :) hehe no i dont plan on sleeping all day thats for sure, i dont think i will want to sleep cause there will be so much to do hehe, im really looking forward to visiting the islands and going snorkelling, after reading everyones review i see that it would be cheaper to buy my own gear before travelling...

what are the average prices for drinks on board, eg, standard spirits & cocktails? i have no idea on that...

I was thinking about taking $1500 spending money for the islands and on board, will this be a good amount??

You wont need no where near that much on a week cruise:eek: Unless you are an alcoholic or compulsive gambler? Drinks are between $5 and$7.50.

There is not much to buy on the islands and all your food except pizza's are free on board,so not much to buy other than drinks.$100 per day will be plenty plenty.

Den.

Hey Kate!

Welcome to the start of you becoming hooked on cruising! :P

I'm 21 and been on two cruises on the Pacific Sun before. I went on both with my boyfriend who's also 21.

On our 10 night cruise we spent over $1000 each. lol But as has already been said, that's probably going a bit overboard. We just like our alcohol! A lot of it! :P In moderation, of course ;) I had cocktails for most of the cruise and they were about $8.50. A lot better than the $15 cocktails I'm used to gettin' back home! :D

If you have any questions just ask. You're bound to get an answer in the time it takes you to decide what's for dinner! :P

Hi Kate

I am going on the same cruise as you but its not the 26th jan its the 27th jan:)

i am going with my husband,2 brothers and my daughter and about 8 of her friends all around your age we are on the dolphin deck what deck are you on

Sharon:D

Thanks for all you fantasic replies :) really appreciate it, im sure im gonna get hooked on cruising, im already wanting to get ready to book another one in late 08 early 09 hehehe

yeah i like to have a drink or ten and especially cockatils hehehe :p so im thinking that i may need that much to cover the drinks and of course what ever im gonna compulsively buy :D

yeah mine is the N805 which departs on Australia Day

Well I have just decided that im gonna go down and check out the sun this sat as i see it will be in bris, just so that i can get an idea of what to expect on the day of departure lol

On our 10 night cruise we spent over $1000 each. lol But as has already been said, that's probably going a bit overboard.

That's about the right amount - we generally budget for around $100 per person per day for all the onboard expenses (including cocktails, tips, shore tours, souveniers, cocktails, photos, cocktails, etc :) )

yeah i like to have a drink or ten and especially cockatils hehehe :p so im thinking that i may need that much to cover the drinks and of course what ever im gonna compulsively buy :D

lol me and you would get along like a house on fire! :P Drinking and dancin' the night away, followed by a day of compulsive shopping! My kind of holiday! haha

:)

That's about the right amount - we generally budget for around $100 per person per day for all the onboard expenses (including cocktails, tips, shore tours, souveniers, cocktails, photos, cocktails, etc :) )

Cocktails,coctails and more cocktails,ect :D :D :D

The biggest expense I had was the Photos. They were all so good and I bought just about all, quite a lot of money. I like my cocktails too and I would budget $100 a day for a good time but I always take a little bit extra, just in case. You will find they take your picture when you board, at every port, on the theme nights, the formal nights, at dinner, wherever they can really. They put them all on display and then offer you deals like 'if you buy this and this then you get the free photo album etc etc etc. Hope you have a great time.

lol me and you would get along like a house on fire! :P Drinking and dancin' the night away, followed by a day of compulsive shopping! My kind of holiday! haha

:)

hahaha yep thats me, im also wanting to try and find some mock designer bags so hopefully can find some in vila

Cocktails,coctails and more cocktails,ect :D :D :D

hahaha yep i LOVE drinking :p so plan on getting to know the bars quite well

The biggest expense I had was the Photos. They were all so good and I bought just about all, quite a lot of money. I like my cocktails too and I would budget $100 a day for a good time but I always take a little bit extra, just in case. You will find they take your picture when you board, at every port, on the theme nights, the formal nights, at dinner, wherever they can really. They put them all on display and then offer you deals like 'if you buy this and this then you get the free photo album etc etc etc. Hope you have a great time.

excellent i love photos, hopefully will be some great ones to remember my holiday, how much are the prices of the photos roughly??

i will also have my camera so no doubt take thousands of pics to make an album up....

YAY im getting extremely excited now

dam just miss out im on n804,

getting sooo close arnt hey?.

iv been on the star last yr and whatever cruise you go on you will have a ball.

i found a link to the sun drink menu a few days ago, but now dont know what thread it was in. but mostly beers are 4.50 cocktails 7-8.50 ect.

i stocked up on designer bags in villa 2 go nuts they are great and still nothing wrong with them.

mmmm 10 days till i spend all day drinking there yummy 6.50 strawberry daquaris. try one

dam just miss out im on n804,

getting sooo close arnt hey?.

iv been on the star last yr and whatever cruise you go on you will have a ball.

i found a link to the sun drink menu a few days ago, but now dont know what thread it was in. but mostly beers are 4.50 cocktails 7-8.50 ect.

i stocked up on designer bags in villa 2 go nuts they are great and still nothing wrong with them.

mmmm 10 days till i spend all day drinking there yummy 6.50 strawberry daquaris. try one

oh yeah i will definately be stocking up on the designer bags, i got a real GUESS bag for my bday and a Kathy Van Zeeland bag for chrissy so now im addicted to designer bags but unfortunately they arent cheap lol so yeah will get a heap of fake ones hehehe

mmmmmmm cocktails, i seriously cant wait hey, i was watching the "welcome abroad" dvd last night and im even more excited :D

if anyone has the drinks list for the sun please let me know =D

UNfair

i never got no welcome abord dvd is it for the dawn is it on youtube so i can watch it hahahaha?

has any one else not got one.

You don't automatically get one. You have to order it from the P&O website.

Karen

yeah i requested one before i booked my cruise to see what it was like and it covers an introduction into cruising, then different sections that you can select about the Pacific Dawn, Pacific Star and Pacific Sun, each section goes for around 10 mins, i found it great cause you could get a look around the ship :D

EXCITED EXCITED EXCITED WOOOOOOOO :p

thanks so much for that ange :D

prices arent too bad, except the Ricadonna :eek: a bottle is $32!!! we buy a bottle of that stuff from out bottle shop for $13-$17 :confused: RIP OFF

oh well im budgeting plenty for drinks anyway :p

ok well last night i went to Big W and got myself a Maui and Sons snorkel kit which included the goggles, snorkel with some funny breathable thing on top (not sure how it works) and some flippers in a carry bag for $35 :) and a pair of reef shoes for $10... talk about bargains :D

anyone used this type of snorkle, i tried google'ing it but couldnt find much about snorkels hehe

any other things i should get??

...... 2 weeks to go :eek: ...... :p

snorkel with some funny breathable thing on top (not sure how it works)

Sounds like you have a 'dry' snorkel. The funny thing on top would be a valve that closes when the snorkel is under the water and prevents the snorkel filling up with water. When you surface you don't have to blow the water clear of the snorkel, you can just start breathing normally again. I got one for my recent trip to Tahiti and it was fantastic - never once got a mouthful of water.:)

Archived