Paradise Beach or Passion Island?

JellybeansMom

I will be in Cozumel next week on a Carnival Cruise. I have never been there before.

I would like to spend the day on the beach just relaxing (no water sports, snorkeling, etc.) However, I would also like to do a little shopping in Mexico (no perfume, alcohol, jewelry...just some local items).

Would you suggest that I book Passion Island through Carnival or do Paradise Beach, and why?

Thanks!!!

I haven't been to either but I would choose Passion Island if it were me.. It always gets great reviews.. Also I think it would be more relaxing.

Paradise Beach is free and you just take a taxi to get there and that has great reviews as well.. but it also i would think would have more kids and be more crowded as it is free.

Thanks for your input, mariemorgan!

Anyone else want to weigh in on this one??

Paradise can be done for alot less money and time. Transportation alone to passion island one way is 45 min vs 15 min to pb. Passion is buffet food, which I don't like here in the states much less a place that has food sitting out for who knows how long in warmer temps. However paradise will be a little bit busier, which some people don't mind others do..

I've been to Passion Island twice in the last 2 years. It is a very relaxing day on the beach. Not alot to do but relax, enjoy sun and water, eat and drink. The food is put out very nicely and is not sitting there all day. Some of the best food we have ever had. They have a little kitchen/dining area built there on the beach. You can eat there or take your food out to your lounger. The bathrooms are clean and attended to. They have a few vendors set up if you want to shop a little. It didn't seem like it took us 45 minutes to get there, seemed more like 30. But you go early and are there for about 3 hours and then you have plenty of time to shop when you get back to port. A little boat takes you over to the island but don't be discouraged, that is the back of the island. The other side is beautiful. We went 2 years ago right after the hurricane and it was a beat up but last year it looked even better. I'm sure it even looks better now that the trees have had time recover. There were never more than 100 or people brought to the island. We are going to Cozumel again this month but have opted to try Nachi Cocum for something different to do. It is all inclusive too but you have to take your own taxi and it's only about a 15 minute drive. Have read alot of good things on CC and were excited to give it a try.

Archived