Harry's

Mysticcruiser

Is there an age limit for Harry's and are they open the first night of sailing? Is there a dress code in case we don't get our luggage early enough?

:cool: :cool: I don't believe there is an age limit but if your children are under 16 don't take them. They have a set menu selection and did not see fries or chicken fingers, especially at $30.00 a head. Besides I think it would be insulting to the restaurant to order something other than what is listed, this is assuming your children are young and won't eat what is provided. Also, if your children are young there is a chance they may act up as supper is a about a 2 hour experience (I know when mine were young there was no way they could stay still that long). We have made reservations already and we don't sail until Feb 16 but did not want to miss it. I don't believe they are open the first night but then I never checked - just go up to the restaurant and ask, doesn't hurt. It is an elegant dining experience - I have seen tuxes and gowns, we do dress jacket and pants and nice dress, and I've seen dockers and polo shirts. The only thing I would say no to is shorts and printed t shirts. It is an experience of a lifetime and again depending on ages of kids, why not get a sitter (Camp Carnival) and enjoy an evening to yourselves. Cindy:cool: :cool:

:cool: :cool: I don't believe there is an age limit but if your children are under 16 don't take them. They have a set menu selection and did not see fries or chicken fingers, especially at $30.00 a head. Besides I think it would be insulting to the restaurant to order something other than what is listed, this is assuming your children are young and won't eat what is provided. Also, if your children are young there is a chance they may act up as supper is a about a 2 hour experience (I know when mine were young there was no way they could stay still that long). We have made reservations already and we don't sail until Feb 16 but did not want to miss it. I don't believe they are open the first night but then I never checked - just go up to the restaurant and ask, doesn't hurt. It is an elegant dining experience - I have seen tuxes and gowns, we do dress jacket and pants and nice dress, and I've seen dockers and polo shirts. The only thing I would say no to is shorts and printed t shirts. It is an experience of a lifetime and again depending on ages of kids, why not get a sitter (Camp Carnival) and enjoy an evening to yourselves. Cindy:cool: :cool:

They ARE open the first night and will certainly accomodate any speacial food request. It is NOT an insult to ask for your menu to be tweeked to satisfy yours or your childrens taste. Keep in mind though, that you will be paying $30 per person even if your chaild wants a burger or chicken fingers.

We brought our 15 and 13 year old daughters and the 13 year old loved the Dover Sole. As far as keeping them entertained for two hours, My wife and I have a great time sitting around with our children and talking the night away

We were at Harry's last week and we had a vegetarian in our group. They bent over backwards to accommodate her. The chef actually came out and personally discussed making some special dishes for her, or tweaking existing offering.

Harry's is worth every dollar, go for it! (...and yes, as someone already said, it was open on the first night).

As I said, I wasn't sure they were open the first night as I have never checked - always gone later in the week. And I do apologize for the age thing - I just picked that age out of the air as most kids (atleast ones that I know) up to that age don't care for alot of the food served in the restaurant and aren't use to 2 hour meals. Fortunately my kids at that age would have gone for the lobster or like yours dover sole etc. When I was referring to children and keeping them occupied I meant younger ones - we were there one evening and there were two children in a party around 4 and 7 would be my guess and the diners closest to them asked to be moved and one set actually left quite early. They weren't really bad but just disruptive and a little cranky. I, like you, enjoyed spending time with our children and could sit for hours talking with them. I will stick with my comment about ordering fries or chicken fingers. There is the Lido deck, the regular dining room and other areas that this can be ordered from. This restaurant goes out of their way to provide a very extensive menu and tweeking it a little certainly is fine but to order a meal totally different I still feel is not right and like you say - you would be paying $30.00 head no matter what you order. This is just my opinion, as the post asked if there is an age limit and there isn't - it was just food for thought. Cindy:cool: :cool:

Archived