Beaches in cozumel

jayluv

There are a number of beaches in the Cozumel area. Here are just a few that I can think of and any info. I have on them.

Chankanaab: It costs $12 to get in. There are steps to get into the water here and it is mainly a good area for snorkeling. There is one area of the beach that does not require steps to get into the water and it is small. If I were looking to find a normal beach where I could walk straight into the water without using steps, I would look elsewhere. But If I were looking to snorkel, I would use this beach. There are chairs, restaurants, showers, bathrooms, and a pretty good Mayan Ruins replica along the garden path. We were there this past January.

Paradise Beach: Entrance is free and there is a one time fee per person of $5 for unlimited use of all watersports. This includes the iceberg, kayaks, snorkel gear, floatie mats, and water trampoline. The showers, bathrooms, chairs, umbrellas, and hammocks are free. It comes highly recommended here on the boards and we will be going there this November. There is also a restaurant there with good food and drinks.:)

Passion Island: It is on the far side of the island and is a bit of a drive but very pretty. It has sandy white beaches and lots of extras. There is a fee to go there and I've only seen it offered as a ship's excursion. It's not cheap, but everyone who goes there raves about how beautiful and quiet it is. There's food, drinks, showers, bathrooms, and everything else offered there.

Mr. Sanchos and San Francisco Beach are right by Paradise Beach.

I can't think of any others right off the bat, but I'm sure other CCers will add to my list. You can also go to www.cozumel-beach.com for more info. on beaches. I hope this helps. We will be visiting Paradise Beach in early November and I will post a detailed review.;)

Archived