What to buy in St Thomas?

alohababy

Hey, what good buys are there in St thomas? My daughter has heard that they sell "knock off" designer bags. Is this true?

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE BAGS, BUT TO ME ST. THOMAS IS THE PLACE TO SHOP..I ALWAYS WAIT TILL I GET THERE FOR JEWERY, CLOTHES, AND ANYTHING ELSE...:D

Hey, what good buys are there in St thomas? My daughter has heard that they sell "knock off" designer bags. Is this true?

The knock offs are just as much as the knock offs in Miami (actually more) We looked at a coach bag and the vendor wanted over $100 for it and wouldn't haggle, my wife just laughed and said I would rather have the real thing.

The bags aren't actually "knock-offs," they're counterfeits. Big difference. A knock-off is a bag/shoes/clothing that looks almost identical to a designer piece, but has a different label.

Counterfeit is just what you think it is. It has the designer label but it is NOT a real Coach, D&B, whatever.

I looked at the bags in Nassau, and nearly bought a Coach bag but decided I wasn't going to support the counterfeit trade. I'll just continue to shop at the Coach outlet and wait for the clearance sales.

However, I did buy DD (21) a lovely little blue diamond solitaire pendant with 14k WG chain for $150 at one of the jewelry stores. It perfectly matches the little ring I got her last year for Christmas (domestic purchase). I hadn't planned on doing ANY shopping, but the one store we went in had exactly what I wanted. Price on the piece was many times what I paid and I didn't even haggle very much. I'm must not good at that.

Jewelry!!! You can get some amazing deals on the island that its ridiculous! I had two of my rings appraised here at home and found them to be worth 3 times the amount the jeweller in St. Thomas had certified them for. Also, the price was alot less than what we'd pay here for the same thing. Cameras are another great buy. There is definately no shortage of shopping, so go out & enjoy!:D

Be careful with the jewelery. I know we looked at loose diamonds, and we were not at all impressed. All we had to do is hold them up to my ring and realize they were not the quality we were looking for. There is a lot to look for with diamonds, and if you don't know what you are doing you can really be fooled. We asked to see the diamonds magnified to see flaws. A professional jeweler will allow you to see your diamond magnified 30X, every jeweler we saw was only 10X. This was even the case in Diamonds International. Not impressed at all! Just be careful!

Archived