Grand Princess Cabin BC432 (Baja Deck)

Tintown

We are booked for two cruises from the UK and the Mediterranean in September 2008, and have been given cabin BC432. Our daughter is travelling with us, so there will be three in the cabin. I am curious to know where the third bed is, and if, with this bed in place, you can have the two lower beds as a double rather than twin? Also, how spacious is the cabin and the verandah. I have read that there are only two chairs on the verandah. Surely, if there are 3 in the cabin there would be at least 3 chairs, or is there not enough room?

We are booked for two cruises from the UK and the Mediterranean in September 2008, and have been given cabin BC432. Our daughter is travelling with us, so there will be three in the cabin. I am curious to know where the third bed is, and if, with this bed in place, you can have the two lower beds as a double rather than twin? Also, how spacious is the cabin and the verandah. I have read that there are only two chairs on the verandah. Surely, if there are 3 in the cabin there would be at least 3 chairs, or is there not enough room?

This will be a standard balcony cabin. The third bed will be a drop down bunk from the wall. With the sleeping arrangements for three, you should be able to have the lower two twins made into a queen sized bed.

As for spaciousness, not sure what you are used to so that does come into play. The balcony cabins are set up more like a small bedroom. One upholstered chair, one desk chair and beds, not a lot of extra floor space actually. The balcony should be about 9' X 5' if memory serves me correctly. If there are only two chairs out there, I am sure a third will fit in. No, they do not put out extra chairs on the balcony if a third person is booked in the cabin. They are all set up the same way no matter how many are booked for that accomodation. But I am sure if there are only two, you can ask for a third.

Although the princess site does not seem to have a picture of the balcony cabin on the Grand, this link will take you to one from the Star Princess, they will be identical, although the picture actually makes them look roomier than they actually are in real life IMHO. http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/tp/staterooms/index.jsp

We were in cabin B429 (BC category) on the Star (Grand class) for TA cruise Rome to Ft Lauderdale. Disembarked 12/20/07. The third and fourth bed drop from the ceiling, directly over the main bed. Balcony only has 2 chairs, not really room for a third with the table. It was just the two of us, so it was fine.

We just got off the Grand and stayed in a BA on the Caribe deck. Cabins are quite small - I have had the same type cabin on both the Caribbean Princess and the Golden Princess and both were larger. Try to re-book onto a balcony on the Caribe deck - they are twice as deep and have four chairs, a table, and plenty of room. Closet space on the Grand is quite minimal too, so be prepared.

We just got off the Grand and stayed in a BA on the Caribe deck. Cabins are quite small - I have had the same type cabin on both the Caribbean Princess and the Golden Princess and both were larger. Try to re-book onto a balcony on the Caribe deck - they are twice as deep and have four chairs, a table, and plenty of room. Closet space on the Grand is quite minimal too, so be prepared.

Archived