Southern Carb.-Carnival Destiny or RC AOS?

jschoch

I would recommend that you go with the AOS. We sailed the Destiny a few years ago out of PR, and while it was an enjoyable cruise, it was lacking in some respects.

The Destiny has a rather strange design......you can't get to the dining room directly via elevator. As I recall, you have to take the elevator one floor below the dining room, and then walk back up the stairs in order to get there. The AOS buffet in the Windjammer is a much better design. On the Destiny, it is the traditional single file for everything. And generally speaking, the environment and quality of service that you get with RCCI is better than Carnival.

As for the Puerto Rican question......yes, there were a lot of them on our cruise. This was prior to 9/11, and they would show up at the dock on cruise day and get deep discounts on available rooms. This was not really a problem. Not once did I encounter a problem with any other passengers, Puerto Rican or otherwise.

Given the advanced reservations that are required post-9/11, I don't think you will see the rush on cruise day.....at least we didn't in April when we sailed out of San Juan on Princess.

Enjoy your cruise!

Joe

Archived