Hong Kong: Request Suggested Itinerary with a 2 night visit, what to see and do?

swdke

I am requesting help for suggestions on what I should see and do duiring a 2 night stay at the first of December. Will be arriving into HKG on a Sunday at 2:50 pm, and departing 2 nights later on a Tueaday at 1:10 pm. From my arrival to my departure, how do you recommend I use my time? I want to see and do as much as possible during my short stay. What highlights of Hong Kong can I cover given my time frame. Can you help me with the logistics of when to see and do the various activities and attractions. Thanks for your help, I look forward to your response.

to haleindia:

The best way to see Hong Kong is to travel by the MTR (underground rail system). You can go to just about anywhere in minutes.

Take the bus on Hong Kong island central/downtown to Repulse Bay and Stanley and to the Peak or simply go to the Peak Tram Station and take the tram up to the Peak.

In Kowloon, stroll down Nathan Road, the main drag of Kowloon.

And you can take a ferry to visit the neighbouring islands, like Lamma Island.

As for Hong Kong Disney, if you have ever visited LA's Disneyland or Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida, HK Disney is smaller and a close replica of LA and Orlando.

Go to the New Territories as well and you can take the train from Hung Hom Station.

Have fun!

hooked-on cruising

I just returned a few days ago after spending three weeks in Hong Kong. I had not been there in three years so I spent time being a tourist again.

If you are staying in a hotel near the MTR (subway) it makes things easier as mentioned in the above posting. Look at www.spendid.hk . It's the tour agency the Sheraton uses for their guests. It will give you an idea for things to do. Your first and last day will be taken up with (1) customs/immigration and getting from the airport and (2) getting back to the airport. Best way is to use the train from the airport to Kowloon or Hong Kong central, depending on where your hotel is located. Take a taxi from the train station to/from your hotel. Taxis are metered and do you don't need to tip anymore than HK$1. Restaurants add 10% service charge and you don't need to leave more. The Peak and Stanley are good bets. There is a public bus from Kowloon to the Peak and the Peak to Stanley and reverse. Round trip may be about US$5 total. Take the tram up or down from the Peak. Hong Kong can be an exciting city if you want to explore. It's safe too. Enjoy.

Do take the Star Ferry from Tsim Sha Tsui to Central or vice versa. It will give you a splendid view of all the buildings around Victoria Harbour. It is very cheap at HK$2.2 also.

Once on HK island, board the tram on Des Vouex Road Central and just ride it for as long as you like and pay when you get off (fixed fare HK$2.0). Return by boarding another tram that goes in the opposite direction. The tram line runs along the former coastline of HK island and you can just watch Hong Kong goes by.

Archived