Miracle's "Captain Gigliotti"

derf5585

no he did not leave after incident on abandon ship - i was on miracle 8/21 - incident happened 8/20 - the reason he went to other ship 8/29 is because miracle had to be slightly repaired. once i got off ship, miracle sailed away empty to have repairs and then sailing out of baltimore - not sure if he will be joining her then

I used to know some Americans of Italian decent that that was their last name. They did not prounce their name the way he did though-they pronounced it Ja-lot-ti-but then too they spoke no Italian either as their family had been in the US for several generations. I thought it was neat though when I was on the Miracle and heard his name pronounced- I could not help but think that his American cousins had pronounced their name differently.

That happens alot though I guess. I have friends whose last name is Guterriz from California-they know no spanish-don't even look hispanic as far as that goes-but prounounce their name very differently from most hispanics.

Archived