Mariner Deck 6 Question

We're booked for two balcony rooms (D1 & D3) on Deck 6 on the Mariner.

Anyone know if these are obstructed view?

I've tried to look at pictures of the ship and count floors and they don't look like it but I want to find out before I get on.

Thanks.

It will be noted on the floor plans if the view is obstructed. If there is no note then they are not.

How will it be noted? I don't see any indication that any on the Mariner are obstructed? Is this correct?

How will it be noted? I don't see any indication that any on the Mariner are obstructed? Is this correct?

Not that I could find either. It would say under the description of the category which rooms it effected. This is the blurb from the RADIANCE

Balcony

Superior Oceanview Stateroom

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area with sofa, and a private bathroom. (204 sq. ft., balcony 41 sq. ft.)

Please note: Staterooms 9252, 9254, 9652, & 9654 have partially obstructed views.

All the balconies on deck 6 have steel below the railing. This is not the case on the balconies on the higher decks (plexiglass). We consider this an "obstruction" if you like to see the water while sitting on your balcony.

A solid rail is not a true "obstruction", as even the plexiglas gets smeared and salt-coated and does not afford a wonderful view of the water through it! Most ocean viewing is done standing at the rail--so don't fear a solid rail on your balcony!

None of the deck 6 cabins show any obstruction at all.

A solid rail is not a true "obstruction", as even the plexiglas gets smeared and salt-coated and does not afford a wonderful view of the water through it! Most ocean viewing is done standing at the rail--so don't fear a solid rail on your balcony!

None of the deck 6 cabins show any obstruction at all.

That is so true about the salt covering the glass it doesn't take long for the glass to get covered. And I believe that the Mariner is just like the Navigator and there is no metal it is all glass on deck 6.

I am sailing the Mariner 7/13/08 I got scared that deck six had steel under the railing, on their balcony.

No steel regular plastic under the railing!

Life Boats are NOT in the way of your view

All the balconies on deck 6 have steel below the railing. This is not the case on the balconies on the higher decks (Plexiglas). We consider this an "obstruction" if you like to see the water while sitting on your balcony.

I thought you were correct on that in another thread until I looked at my pictures from my cruise on her. Sorry, You are not correct, that is wrong. They are clear as all the other decks are.

The balconies on Deck 6 are the exact same Plexiglas as every other deck balcony on the ship.

I answered in an earlier post when I saw yours that I must have been wrong when I said they were glass/Plexiglas. I have corrected my answer in the other thread also.

Thanks everyone.

I got nervous after reading comments in another post that we may have to look at the top of the lifeboats from our balcony!

I seemed to remember from our 2006 trip on Mariner the life boats hang on deck 5 and you would get on them on deck 4. We were on deck 7 with no balcony last time and are excited about getting the balcony this trip!

Archived