Ft. Lauderadale Hotel Questions?

ShoMeChiefsFan

I am cruising on Mar 30, 2008 will need a room for 1 night on the 29th.

Would like to save my dollars for the cruise, but i also would like to find a clean hotel to lay my head down for the night, without the worry of finding critters crawling across the ceiling or walls.

Can anyone advise of any great places.

I am not rich, i am a working man who has a family to support.....hell i didnt think it was going to be this much for a hotel....would be looking to spend under $100 if at all possible or close to it. Thanks for the help.

Also if there is any hotel properties in the Ft. Lauderdale area that will allow cruisers to leave there vehicles at the hotel while on the cruise thats a plus too, and may be worth paying a few bucks more for this service.

try buyreservations.com we've had many friends use this site and all rave about it

i was able to find a hotel in Fort Prince, FL for $71.99 a night at Roadway Inn, I went ahead and reserved the room in case I cannot find anything better.

Does anyone have any idea how far this is from Ft. Lauderadale area?

i was able to find a hotel in Fort Prince, FL for $71.99 a night at Roadway Inn, I went ahead and reserved the room in case I cannot find anything better.

Does anyone have any idea how far this is from Ft. Lauderadale area?

I don't know of a Fort Prince, but if it is Fort Pierce - it's about 1 1/2 - 2 hours north of Fort Lauderdale.

I am cruising on Mar 30, 2008 will need a room for 1 night on the 29th.

Would like to save my dollars for the cruise, but i also would like to find a clean hotel to lay my head down for the night, without the worry of finding critters crawling across the ceiling or walls.

Can anyone advise of any great places.

I am not rich, i am a working man who has a family to support.....hell i didnt think it was going to be this much for a hotel....would be looking to spend under $100 if at all possible or close to it. Thanks for the help.

Also if there is any hotel properties in the Ft. Lauderdale area that will allow cruisers to leave there vehicles at the hotel while on the cruise thats a plus too, and may be worth paying a few bucks more for this service.

I'm not sure about pricing because it is still the "season" down here at that time, but I can tell you which chains are close to the port & you can check online. There is a Renaissance Hotel http://www.renaissancehotels.com/fllbr, Comfort Suites http://www.comfortsuitesfortlauderdale.com, Embassy Suites Hotel, Holiday Inn Express (don't have website for those) I'm looking in the Yellow Pages. In the area where these are located, are shops and restaurants and very close to the port. You may also want to look in Plantation, which is about 7 miles east of the port area. There is a Hampton Inn out there. They may be less expensive since they are not as close to the port. I'm not sure about the parking situation at any of the hotels, but the Convention Center is right in the area where the cruise ships are & they may have long term parking. If you come up with any hotels I can try to tell you if they are in a decent place or warn you away from them. We have been residents for 24 years.

I'm not sure about pricing because it is still the "season" down here at that time, but I can tell you which chains are close to the port & you can check online. There is a Renaissance Hotel www.renaissancehotels.com/fllbr, Comfort Suites www.comfortsuitesfortlauderdale.com, Embassy Suites Hotel, Holiday Inn Express (don't have website for those) I'm looking in the Yellow Pages. In the area where these are located, are shops and restaurants and very close to the port. You may also want to look in Plantation, which is about 7 miles east of the port area. There is a Hampton Inn out there. They may be less expensive since they are not as close to the port. I'm not sure about the parking situation at any of the hotels, but the Convention Center is right in the area where the cruise ships are & they may have long term parking. If you come up with any hotels I can try to tell you if they are in a decent place or warn you away from them. We have been residents for 24 years.

thanks alot for all of your help, i guess i mispelled the town of Ft. Pierce....thanks for point that out....i noticed that the price of hotels gets very pricey the closer you get down towards Ft. Lauderdale. I will be driving in from Indiana, so if I can save a few dollars so i can budget more for my family to spend on the cruise, then i guess i can live with the 1.5 drive. Here is another question i have for ya, how is the traffic down that way, is it really congested down that way, how much time will need to allow for the travel time from Ft. Pierce to the pier? Thanks so much for your input and advice. Jim

thanks alot for all of your help, i guess i mispelled the town of Ft. Pierce....thanks for point that out....i noticed that the price of hotels gets very pricey the closer you get down towards Ft. Lauderdale. I will be driving in from Indiana, so if I can save a few dollars so i can budget more for my family to spend on the cruise, then i guess i can live with the 1.5 drive. Here is another question i have for ya, how is the traffic down that way, is it really congested down that way, how much time will need to allow for the travel time from Ft. Pierce to the pier? Thanks so much for your input and advice. Jim

I only wanted to make sure that you meant Fort Pierce before I told you the distance to Fort Lauderdale. There may be a Fort Prince somewhere in Florida, wouldn't surprise me. Yes, traffic is congested down here, but it mostly depends on what time of day & which day you are traveling. Weekends usually aren't too bad. I-95 can turn into a parking lot very quickly during the week. One morning this week, they had both southbound & northbound lanes blocked up due to accidents on both sides. Since you are driving in, I would go on the side of caution & allow yourself a few hours to get down here. There are shops & restaurants in the area around the port & the beach is only 2-3 miles away from the port also if you get here too early & have to kill time. My husband wants to know where in Indiana you are from. He was born there & moved to Florida in 1968 which he still thanks his dad for doing! He doesn't like the cold as you might have guessed. If you have any more questions, post away. I'm happy to be answering instead of asking for a change!

I only wanted to make sure that you meant Fort Pierce before I told you the distance to Fort Lauderdale. There may be a Fort Prince somewhere in Florida, wouldn't surprise me. Yes, traffic is congested down here, but it mostly depends on what time of day & which day you are traveling. Weekends usually aren't too bad. I-95 can turn into a parking lot very quickly during the week. One morning this week, they had both southbound & northbound lanes blocked up due to accidents on both sides. Since you are driving in, I would go on the side of caution & allow yourself a few hours to get down here. There are shops & restaurants in the area around the port & the beach is only 2-3 miles away from the port also if you get here too early & have to kill time. My husband wants to know where in Indiana you are from. He was born there & moved to Florida in 1968 which he still thanks his dad for doing! He doesn't like the cold as you might have guessed. If you have any more questions, post away. I'm happy to be answering instead of asking for a change!

We are currently on the edge of Indianapolis- Wayne Township, if he knows where the Airport is then i am right on US 40 HWY and Raceway Road, which is the Marion/Hendricks County line. We are only about 1/4 mile to Plainfield, Indiana. I plan on having time to kill one when i sailed out of Orlando, myself and the ole lady (LOL) went to those vacation travel talks and we end up getting a free dinner and show, and free Universal Studios passes.....it worked out great! On that occassion we flew in, and rented a car. This time i will be driving in...cutting my way right thru the state. I cant remember on what the toll road charges but i guess it will save me some time getting to the coast from GA.

If you stay in Ft. Pierce, you will have to pay a minimum of $100 to park the car in a lot/garage. You might as well find a hotel for up to $180 a night and stay in Ft. Lauderdale near the port.

Good luck, MaryAnn

Do they allow you to leave your vehicle at the hotel while your cruising. If so then it would be worth it...if not then its cheaper to go the other way, But i am open to those hotel who do allow the parking while on a cruise and stay. Any insight would be appreciated.

Two great hotels that let you park while your away on your cruise are the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Hollywood and the Hampton Inn & Suites in Plantation. Both have received high marks from posters on this board.

My husband drove to fort lauderdale and stayed at the sprill hill suites and would stay there again in a heart beat and they do not charge to leave your car there while you are on the cruise, plus they have a very nice breakfast and free shuttle to the port and then we got a cab to bring us back after the cruise

My husband drove to fort lauderdale and stayed at the sprill hill suites and would stay there again in a heart beat and they do not charge to leave your car there while you are on the cruise, plus they have a very nice breakfast and free shuttle to the port and then we got a cab to bring us back after the cruise

which Springhill Suites, when i started calling around they advised me of no transportation to the pier, or leaving the vehicle while on the cruise.

You need to be careful of where you stay in Ft. Pierce - there are some lousy areas there. Ft. Pierce is also about 2 hrs. away from Ft. Lauderdale.

Have you considered W. Palm? It is an hour closer to Ft. Lauderdale and a much better area.

i will check in to the west palm area, is this west palm beach, fl?

We're doing the same cruise and I'm just starting looking for 2 rooms - We want a little upscale as we'll be there all day the 29th and leave the 30th. One of my criteria is close to shopping and restaraunts. Does that change anyone's opinion so far?

PS: to Chief fan: I'll try to wear one of my Chief's shirts on the cruise and we'll complain about this year over a beer...........

Archived