Enchantment--How is the Childrens Program ?

Hey Jailerman,

I'll be on the Enchantment in 2 weeks with my 9 yr old, and I'll let you know. From my one other cruise experience on the Majesty (didn't take the kids that time) the kids I saw had a BLAST. Get them to adventure oceans, and let 'em rip. We saw so many kids at lunch pounding down the food so they could get back to the club. And you know kids...they see each other, take a full 30 seconds to get to know each other and become best friends. He'll have a great time. And if jailerman is what you do, then I'm one of the guys who sends you clients !

Anyone have any experiences with this ship and these programs ? I have an 8 year old and am curious if their is something fun that he may like to do there or will he be welded to my hip all cruise :-)) Thanks for any info.. Happy Cruising:)

We've taken the Enchantment twice with our kids (who were, I believe 5 and 7, and 6 and 8 during the cruises) and the kids programs were great! they had a great time.

but to be honest, the kids programs are similar on most RCI ships and always pretty good. of course, we have never sailed during the summer when a ship is overrun with kids and may make a difference in your kids' experience. I dunno.

But in general, the kids programs are tremendous.

There are some pictures of the kids in my enchantment photos in the link at the end of my signature. It was a smaller group but it looked like they were having fun. I didn't have kids in the group but I like seeing the kids each time I cruise. If you back into my webshots photos, there's a more recent Enchantment album with more kids pictures - this time the group was huge but still appeared fun and orderly. I like seeing the little ones dressed up as pirates on parade.

Mr Jailerman, we were on Enchantment this past weekend with my 8 year old daughter. SHE LOVED IT!! The Adventure Ocean staff is terrific (as they always are) and although the Adventure Ocean facilities are much smaller and not as fancy on Enchantment as the newer RCCL ships I have been on, it didn't matter to my daughter.

As others have said many times before, we wanted to spend family time together, but my daughter was having a fit over what she was missing in the kids program. After the 2nd day we gave in and let her go during the day as well as the evening. One thing I noticed that has never happened before is that the staff checked our ID ever time we picked her up even if they knew us. I'm not sure if it was because this cruise there were alot more kids onboard due to winter break, or if it is a new policy.

Have fun!

Mr Jailerman, we were on Enchantment this past weekend with my 8 year old daughter. SHE LOVED IT!! The Adventure Ocean staff is terrific (as they always are) and although the Adventure Ocean facilities are much smaller and not as fancy on Enchantment as the newer RCCL ships I have been on, it didn't matter to my daughter.

As others have said many times before, we wanted to spend family time together, but my daughter was having a fit over what she was missing in the kids program. After the 2nd day we gave in and let her go during the day as well as the evening. One thing I noticed that has never happened before is that the staff checked our ID ever time we picked her up even if they knew us. I'm not sure if it was because this cruise there were alot more kids onboard due to winter break, or if it is a new policy.

Have fun!

That makes the mind set a bit easy as this will be a Father/Son trip. Thanks once More to ALL :-))

Archived