Info on Cavetubing.com VS Major Tom

Jenner10

Hello all you wonderful cruise people. I am looking for a few suggestions on cave tubing in Belize. I am a first time RC cruiser and have never booked excursions off the boat before. I have sailed with Disney twice and always used the excursions offered on the boat. Does anyone have any suggestions on who the best is to go with the most fun and with a good price? I have seen the Cave tubing/Atv which looks like fun. Thanks in advanced for any info given.

Jen

We went cavetubing with Major Tom on January 3 and had a fabulous time. Our tender was late due to weather, but Major Tom was organized and ready for us. Our guide was knowledgeable about Belize and shared valuable information with us on the bus ride to the area. Major Tom is my top-choice for cavetubing!

I've great great things about either, but must say that we went with cavetubing.bz

Vitalino, the guide for cavetubing.bz basically is the "pioneer" of cave tubing.

He knows the river better than anyone, and actually trained and taught the owners of the other cave tubing companies. They buy rent their equipment from him, call him when the river is high, or when they run into trouble. We just felt like we wanted to go with the most experienced person if we weren't going with an excursion from the ship.

Have a blast!

Did this last year, while all the other tubers were wondering aimlessly through the caves our guides hooked us together & they did ALL the work while we just laid there in our tubes & enjoyed the scenery. We had a blast on the bus with Dennis. "Have no fear Dennis is here". This was by far the highlight of our trip. My advise make sure you go with cavetubing.com. Also great, they pick you up right at the port & get you back in plenty of time

Good luck

Andrea

I contacted them via both their registration form and an e-mail on Monday and have not heard back anything. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you since I need to know for sure that I have a reservation

• 2 weeks later...

We were on RCCl Navigator of the seas in January and had a great experience with Major Tom. Our family of 6 (2 kids(8 and 11),parents, and Grandparents) toured with Major Tom and George of the Jungle. Major Tom drove the van and George gave us the history of Belize, guided us through the Jungle, and down the river.

The only issue we had was waiting for two people from our ship that never showed. Since the other two never showed, we ended up with a private tour for just our family. We lost an hour waiting for the other two people but the private tour for our family was well worth it. Tom was very aware of the time and made sure we were able to do the complete tour and get back to the tender on time.

After the wait we drove through Belize City while George filled us in on the history of Belize, told us what to expect on the tour, and answered all questions. Even the kids enjoyed it. We then took our time hiking through the jungle for about 45 minutes while George explained the plants that we were seeing and what they were used for. Other tours passed us along the way, they seemed to be in a hurry to get to the river. George ate termites and offered them to us, but we declined the invitation. Once we got to the river we got on our tubes, hooked our feet together, and let George steer us through the caves. George knew the river very well and kept us going in the right direction. Other groups we saw were not as fortunate. Once we were out of the caves and safe, George let my son break free of the group. I guess my son was too close to his parents for comfort :). After tubing we had time to get a quick lunch at a local restaurant and then back to the ship in plenty of time.

We saw other tours at the river and we were very happy to be with Major Tom and George. They were great and I would highly recommend them.

Archived