Windsurf-Barbados Early Flights

Skipper99

I have seen questions here about the time that Windsurf docks in Barbados, and the possibility of catching early flights. We did this last week, so I thought I would tell you the details for those who have a similar situation. The ship docked about 4:30 am, and we had been instructed the night before to be in the lounge at 4:30. There was Continental Breakfast at The Compass Rose starting at 4:30, and there was time to get something if you wanted to. The Barbados immigration authorities cleared us around 5:00 am, and then we boarded buses for the transfer to the airport. A crew member told us there were about 90 people doing the transfer. I would not recommend trying to get to the airport without a transfer or a prearranged car to pick you up. We got to the airport at 6:00 am for an 8:00 am flight, and it all went very smoothly. I hope this information is helpful to someone, as I had been worried that there might be a snag.

Ditto to the above post-we just took the new year's cruise and it sure seemed like an ungodly hour to get up(especially since we had a 9 am delta flight to atlanta) but it was nice to get coffee and a bite to eat in the compass rose. I was awakened by the noise of the ship as we docked so it was not so terrible to have that early wake up call. The rest of our group did independent transfers later but keep in mind that windstar requires everyone to go to the lounge at 6 a.m. so you will all get up pretty early.

the Barbados authorities were extremely pleasant and efficient. we sat in the van on the pier for a while after we had identified and had our luggage loaded into the truck and there was a wait at the airport for an official to do something before they opened the truck and released the luggage. clearing security was a breeze and once in the terminal there was a coffee shop open where we got our lattes and coffee cake.Other shops opened early as well. internet was free in the airport ! If you have a very reliable transportation arranged in advance then it would probably be ok to make an early flight independently.

Archived