Crowne Plaza San Pedro was awesome!

BethCarp

Got this hotel through Priceline by bidding 3* in San Pedro for $65, plus tax. This would have been a great hotel with the regular price though. The decor was very pretty although I had a chuckle about the art work behind the check-in desk. It was a panoramic photo of the port with the cranes lit up. :p The front desk people were very friendly and even had our cards made up already (we arrived at 11pm). Took less than a minute to check in. BTW, it was about a $60 cab ride from LAX, with no traffic.

The room was also very pretty with a modern decor. Nice amenity kit including linen spray, a relaxation CD, an eye mask and ear plugs. :D Didn't use the ear plugs but I sure could have used them at our Disneyland hotel after the cruise. ;) They also had shampoo, soap and a shower cap. It was all very nice, but the room lighting was very dim. It was nice ambient lighting, but just bad task lighting. I had to put my makeup on in the bathroom. Not a complaint, just a comment.

We had a view of the port and the pool. Didn't use the pool but it looked nice. The shuttle to the port was easy and free. The first one left at 10:30am and then every 30 minutes after that. The driver mentioned that they also pick up after the cruise too.

I only have one minor complaint. The gift/snack shop was closed when we got there (although it's not owned or run by the hotel). DH had wanted a snack and also roomservice ended at 10:30. In the morning, we were hoping to get a bagel or cereal and they didn't have anything like that. Just snacks and sodas. The hotel restaurant was open for breakfast but we opted to just head to the port and get our "free" lunch on board.

Thanks for the review. Was there anyplace nearby to pick up soda and water for the cruise? Or perhaps a place the taxi could stop at on the way back.

Was the $60 with tip (I never take a taxi..how much would be a fair tip?). There will be four of us..would the taxi's fit our luggage? We are planning on a private car or shuttle, but $60 is about the same price.

Thanks.

Thanks for the review. Was there anyplace nearby to pick up soda and water for the cruise? Or perhaps a place the taxi could stop at on the way back.

Was the $60 with tip (I never take a taxi..how much would be a fair tip?). There will be four of us..would the taxi's fit our luggage? We are planning on a private car or shuttle, but $60 is about the same price.

Thanks.

I saw a few convenience type stores on the way. I couldn't give you specifics though. They weren't walkable from the hotel either.

The fare itself was about $58. DH added a $10 tip. The hotel listed approximate cab fare as $55 so we didn't go too much over that. There were many van taxis at the airport so you should have no problem fitting four people. There was a really long taxi line though. If you can get a private car for about the same price (even a little more), I would do that.

Got this hotel through Priceline by bidding 3* in San Pedro for $65, plus tax. This would have been a great hotel with the regular price though. The decor was very pretty although I had a chuckle about the art work behind the check-in desk. It was a panoramic photo of the port with the cranes lit up. :p The front desk people were very friendly and even had our cards made up already (we arrived at 11pm). Took less than a minute to check in. BTW, it was about a $60 cab ride from LAX, with no traffic.

The room was also very pretty with a modern decor. Nice amenity kit including linen spray, a relaxation CD, an eye mask and ear plugs. :D Didn't use the ear plugs but I sure could have used them at our Disneyland hotel after the cruise. ;) They also had shampoo, soap and a shower cap. It was all very nice, but the room lighting was very dim. It was nice ambient lighting, but just bad task lighting. I had to put my makeup on in the bathroom. Not a complaint, just a comment.

We had a view of the port and the pool. Didn't use the pool but it looked nice. The shuttle to the port was easy and free. The first one left at 10:30am and then every 30 minutes after that. The driver mentioned that they also pick up after the cruise too.

I only have one minor complaint. The gift/snack shop was closed when we got there (although it's not owned or run by the hotel). DH had wanted a snack and also roomservice ended at 10:30. In the morning, we were hoping to get a bagel or cereal and they didn't have anything like that. Just snacks and sodas. The hotel restaurant was open for breakfast but we opted to just head to the port and get our "free" lunch on board.

Thanks for the post..we're staying at the Crowne in Feb for the night prior to our cruise.

Curious to know what they use for a shuttle, is it a van and do they wait until it fills up?

Any good restaurants recommendations within walking distance of the Crowne?

The shuttle is just like the airport parking shuttles. It's not a bus, it's not a van. Somewhere in between. They do not wait for it to fill up. The first one leaves at 10:30 and then every 30 minutes after that. It's first come first served. DH and I were the only ones on it.

We didn't use any restaurants. We arrived very late so we didn't see much of the neighborhood. There is a restaurant in the hotel though.

Thanks for posting about the Crowne Plaza. Nice to know that the shuttle runs from the port to the hotel. We will be staying there post cruise in Oct. We are on the same cruise as Heatherb.

Archived