1st Timer with 2 small children needs some tips

soonergirl8

Hi all.

I have been reading the posts for the last month and decided that it was time for me to join. I have a 4 year-old daughter who loves everything Disney and a 13 month-old son. We booked a 3-night Disney cruise on February 7th. We would have loved the 4 night or longer, but my husband will be in Orlando for a convention which conflicted with other dates. We are going to do one day at the Magic Kingdom. I imagine we will sign up for a longer cruise while on board.

Anyway, I will be flying to Orlando two days ahead of the cruise with my two children. My husband will already be there. I have a few logistical questions.

1. Everyone says it is cheaper to rent a car, but we have two in car seats. Should I pay for the shuttles or is renting a car still the best option?

2. What are the cribs like on the ship? Should I bring our pack-n-play and collapse it during the day for more room? We are in a category 5 cabin.

3. My son cannot have milk or dairy products. Does anyone know if soy milk is available or should I plan to bring my own?

I'm sure that I will have more questions closer to time. Following the advice on here, I have already scheduled my nursery time and Palo dinner reservations. Thank you in advance!!!

Hi all.

I have been reading the posts for the last month and decided that it was time for me to join. I have a 4 year-old daughter who loves everything Disney and a 13 month-old son. We booked a 3-night Disney cruise on February 7th. We would have loved the 4 night or longer, but my husband will be in Orlando for a convention which conflicted with other dates. We are going to do one day at the Magic Kingdom. I imagine we will sign up for a longer cruise while on board.

Anyway, I will be flying to Orlando two days ahead of the cruise with my two children. My husband will already be there. I have a few logistical questions.

1. Everyone says it is cheaper to rent a car, but we have two in car seats. Should I pay for the shuttles or is renting a car still the best option?

With the ages of your children I think that doing the DCL shuttles would probably work best for you. On the way to the port they show a video about the ship and on the way back to the airport, after the cruise, they show cartoons.

2. What are the cribs like on the ship? Should I bring our pack-n-play and collapse it during the day for more room? We are in a category 5 cabin.

Your 4 year old can sleep on the convertible sofa and you can ask your room steward for bed rails, if needed. The cruise line will supply you with a pack-n-play for your younger child. If it's not it your room when you board, a call to housekeeping will fix that very quickly.

3. My son cannot have milk or dairy products. Does anyone know if soy milk is available or should I plan to bring my own?

Your best bet is fill out the medical form and get it to them. Not sure about the soy milk, but I would guess it's available.

I'm sure that I will have more questions closer to time. Following the advice on here, I have already scheduled my nursery time and Palo dinner reservations. Thank you in advance!!!

Have a great cruise!!

just a quick note. 2 in my family cant have dairy, they will have soy milk for you but only if you let them know ahead of time so they can order it. They do not carry it as a rule.

send in the medical form stating the dairy allergy and also you should tell yor TA or whom ever you booked with so they can pass it on too so there are NO slip ups.

They are great about helping with spcial diets as long as they know ahead of time. If your waiter doesnt mention it the first evening, you tell them

and they will double check with the head waiter. I t is his job to take care of you.

we were told for the play n pack to ask for it when we booked because they only carry a few of them on board and they can run out if you wait to ask for it when you board. your host will take it up and down each day os you ask so you will have room.

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived