Folks who have cruised NCL in '08: Freestyle 2.0 question

alfally

I've heard a bit about NCL's "Freestyle 2.0" initiative (more info http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/?epi_menuItemID=8529ea2ad8631dcd3bb97904c6908a0c&epi_menuID=887566059a3aedb6efaaa9e27a808a0c&epi_baseMenuID=384979e8cc48c441ef0130f5c6908a0c&ndmViewId=news_view&newsLang=en&newsId=20071219006036 )

For folks who have cruised since its rollout, are the upgrades and changes already noticable? The article says changes began immediately with the majority of the rollout completed this summer.

Thanks!

There are a lot of us with upcoming cruises who are looking for that info also. Hopefully, someone will come back in the next week or so and answer this. If not, when I return from my 1/19 Star cruise, I'll be sure to post what Freestyle 2.0 has and has not been implemented.

I would assume it would take them quite awhile before they get the bedding changed on the older ships. I would think they would at least have the lobster in place by now.

It doens;t matter when they implement the changes, as long as most of them are in play by my cruise in May:D

I haven't cruised for 6 years but on my cruise on NCL DAWN the week before Christmas:

Carribean Lobser available 4 or 5 nights out of 5...delish!

Fabulous Food every breakfast & dinner in main dining room. We did not eat lunch as we can't eat that much good food! We were very impressed with the food offerred in the main dining room.

Crisp, white linen, lovely glassware, heavy utensils. Localized servers area. Latte and Cappucino available in main dining room for each meal at no extra charge.

I don't know what else 2.0 promised so can't comment on more.

Hope this helps. DD and I loved our cruise and couldn't have been happier with the food offering in main dining room.

Enjoy!

Winnie

I haven't cruised for 6 years but on my cruise on NCL DAWN the week before Christmas:

Carribean Lobser available 4 or 5 nights out of 5...delish!

Can that be ordered as an add on. For instance, if I ordered steak, can I get the lobster without making it the meal (if it's even on the Star)? Thanks.

alot of people have sailed since 2.0 started..but, yet we ve gotten very little feed back from those people..:mad:

we sailed on the Star last jan and scheduled again in a couple of days so

i ll be able to compare if anything has been upgraded..i ll be sure to let everyone know..

Just got of the Gem 12/29 cruise. I sailed last Sept on the Crown and 20 years ago on the Sunward (or something like that). Anyhow here is what I noticed regarding the new freestyle: We did get a free glass of champagne when we boarded. The food was much better both in taste and presentation both in restaurants, buffet and room service. Lobster was available in at least one of the restaurants each night. We were in a BA cabin and did not get robes (which I think is one of the new perks). Anyhow...I think they have started to introduce some, but not all of the new features. But I can tell you I think they are doing a great job of it.:)

The beds and bedding will not be replaced on the Majesty, because it is on the market to be sold. At the Lattidudes party Rusty, the consult, told us about freestyle 2. NCL is in the process of intoducing it little by little. They will not be building mega ships.

I am on the Majesty from Jan. 5-12.

Susie,

NCL currently has 2 "mega" ships on order. Steel is already being cut for the first ship. These are called F3 ships at this time and will come in at a whopping 150,000 tons (about 60% larger than the Jewel Class, 10,000 tons less than the RCL Freedom Class). I would call them mega... and I cant wait to board the first one!!

~Intrepid

Just got of the Gem 12/29 cruise. I sailed last Sept on the Crown and 20 years ago on the Sunward (or something like that). Anyhow here is what I noticed regarding the new freestyle: We did get a free glass of champagne when we boarded. The food was much better both in taste and presentation both in restaurants, buffet and room service. Lobster was available in at least one of the restaurants each night. We were in a BA cabin and did not get robes (which I think is one of the new perks). Anyhow...I think they have started to introduce some, but not all of the new features. But I can tell you I think they are doing a great job of it.:)

Thanks for the update..champagne on embarkation and lobster every night was not available on Oct., '07 NCL cruise:)

Thanks for the info as we will be getting back on the Gem Jan. 16th.

Could you give a little more detail about the lobster? Was it the Caribbean lobster tail? You can already get lobster in Cagney's (whole Maine) and surf & turf in Le Bistro for an addl. charge.

Have not read about robes being a new perk for balconies. Was that in the original announcement?:confused:

Can't wait to be on the Gem this time next week and I'll report back when we get home.:)

Archived