Transporation from Clearwater to Tampa Port

kaw904

I have searched this site for any ideas how to solve my transportation question, but have not found any suggestions.

We are flying on Allegiant into Clearwater for a cruise on the Inspiration in May. Previously we always rented a car to get us to a port. Problem is the flight gets in at 10:30 pm and all the car rental places at the airport are closed by this time. There is a shuttle to the hotel, but what about the next day?

Should we rent a car for just the trip to the port or does anyone know of any hotels/motels in Clearwater that actually have a shuttle to the port?

Thanks for any good advice.:)

Marilyn

You don't say which hotel you are staying at, but a taxi to the port should not cost more than $30-$35. If you are one person travelling there are shuttle services for about $20 p.p. We have done a post on our blog of the port & tampa area here http://theboomerlive.com/2007/11/04/port-of-tampa/#more-45 if you zoom out on the map you can see clearwater and the distances. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am looking into flying alegiant also into clearwater for an April sailing on Inspiration out of Tampa. We really don't know the best way to get from the airport to the terminal and back again.

Rent a car - is there a drop off for the car rental at the port of tampa. we dont want to pay for parking.

Taxi/Shuttle Van - would the shuttle van be at the port ready to take us back to the airport.

Thanks for any and all help you can give me.

Check with your hotel to see if they offer a shuttle to the port the next day. If not make arrangements with a shuttle company for transportation to and from the port. The most widely used one is BayArea Transportation. There are several. If you rent a car, there is no drop off at the port. You would have to take it all members of your party to the port and then take the car to another location and they would bring back just the driver. Hope this helps you.

I am also flying into Clearwater for an April cruise. Renting a car is actually cheaper than a taxi or a shuttle service but I really don't want the hassle of dropping a rental off pre-cruise. I have checked around and taxi rates from Clearwater Airport (PIE) to Port of Tampa have been quoted to me of between $54-$75. Super Shuttle is $55 for the first person, $10 for the second plus a fuel charge of $1.00 each. Execucar (which can be found at the Super Shuttle site) quoted me a price of $60 each way (up to 4 people) PLUS an 18% gratutity.

I haven't made a final decision on my transportation but I an leaning toward Execucar for our pre-cruise stay and a rental for post-cruise stay.

I haven't checked this out but someone told me that you must reconfirm your reservation with Super Shuttle 24 hours in advance of your departure date.

WOW that's pretty expensive. When i was figuring up the taxi rate based on the per mile rate it was around $38. I have read the shuttle is around 30 (for 2 people) I wonder why there is conflicting reports. I guess i can call around too and ask. Let me know if you come up with anything a little cheaper.

thanks

thegoodlife247, the reason you may have gotten less expensive quote is because you were being quoted the rate from the Tampa airport (TIA) to the port. The St.Pete/Clearwater airport (PIE) is futher away from the port therefore more expensive to get to.

I received an email from the Concierge at our hotel today. The hotel recommends a limo/car service called All Access Limo (813-901-8000) and a shuttle service called Pronto Transportation (813-458-0856). I haven't checked these out so I don't have current prices, etc.

If your hotel has a Concierge you should contact that department and ask for assistance. They can assist with recommendations, reservations, etc.

Clearwater Yellow Cab has this as their rate on the aiports website

Rates: $2.25 first 1/4 mile, $0.50 each additional 1/4 mile or $0.50 every 66 seconds waiting time

If it is 18 miles from clearwater airport to tampa port this is about $38

The yellow shuttle quotes this as their rate on the airports website

$15 dollars per person from clearwater aiport to zone 9 (tampa port)

We are also planning on flying into PIE airport. What hotel has the shuttle service? We are looking at the Holiday Inn Express. Their recomandation from the website:

<LI class=stamdard>Contact Island Limosine directly at 813-884-3729 to schedule your ground transportation. Happy Planning

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got any new information about the cheapest way to get from clearwater airport to cruise terminal.

i just called all access limo and they quoted me $60

pronto transportation quoted me $50

this is for 2 ppl.

i called yellow cab the other day and they quoted me $3.20 first mile, 2.20 additional miles. it is 18 miles from clearwater aiprot to cuise terminal so that equals about $40-45

Archived