Sapphire Princess

Shearwaters

Not long to go until our New Zealand cruise on the Sapphire Princess! We saw the ship in Sydney Harbour yesterday. As an added treat, the Sun Princess and the Nuatica were also here in port.

We really enjoyed our trip and especially enjoyed your country and New Zealand. I have posted some of my pictures here for other to enjoy:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560641316QQzqaW

Have a great trip. ;)

I'm taking the same itinerary but on the Diamond at the end of the year. I am in Melbourne but I watched the Sapphire leave Circular Quay thanks to a couple of webcams in Sydney. I'll go down to the dock in Melbourne tomorrow morning to get a closer view. As she is the Diamond's sister ship I'll just imagine what it is going to be like in 11 months time!

I have a great view of the Port of Melbourne as I drive to work and I am used to seeing the Spirit of Tasmania docked at Station Pier, but this morning the Sapphire Princess absolutely dwarfed her. What a giant ship. I have seen her before in Sydney but forgot how big these ships are. I took a picture which I have attached and also another picture of what looks like a blue glass wall or walkway starting from the Funnel section and going forward to connect to another section. Just curious to know what this is. Thanks.

1288326184_SapphireandSpiritatStationPier.jpg.476d50a654a344771250ce1103ba974d.jpg

498534894_BlueGlass.jpg.3557a42e4433dab32bcccf10096661b4.jpg

...I took a picture which I have attached and also another picture of what looks like a blue glass wall or walkway starting from the Funnel section and going forward to connect to another section. Just curious to know what this is. Thanks.

That is the entrance to the upper deck (The Conservatory) of the indoor pool (Calypso Reef Pool).

Archived