Does NCL offer a "soda card"?

3 Dog Night

My wife and I very rarely drink alcoholic beverages. Does NCL sell a "soda card" so that I can have a Diet Coke whenever I want? How much is it?

Thanks!

Yes they do. It cost $8.63/day based on the number of days of your cruise. Example 5 days = $43.15.

Doug

:eek:

Yes they do. It cost $8.63/day based on the number of days of your cruise. Example 5 days = $43.15.

Doug

I knew you could get the soda card - I always bring my Diet Pepsi with me

so I guess I never paid attention to the price - $43.15 for soda over a 5 day period. That seems high - Now, how many cases of 24 soda can you drink in a day ? Is that per person or can the whole cabin enjoy??:rolleyes:

M

so I guess I never paid attention to the price - $43.15 for soda over a 5 day period. That seems high - Now, how many cases of 24 soda can you drink in a day ? Is that per person or can the whole cabin enjoy??:rolleyes:

M

The cost is per person. If you buy a soda by the glass, it cost $2.20 per glass and that include the automatic 15% added to all beverage bills. On our last cruise, we purchased 1 soda stamp and the wife shared some of my soda. She doesn't drink much soda.

Doug

Doug

M

It is pp. We bought the soda card on our first few cruises but when we figured out the cost (for only one card), we did not drink enough soda to warrant the cost. You have to really be a soda drinker.

The soda with the soda card is a glass NOT a can. If you order soda without the card, it is a can which provides more soda.

The ice tea on the ship is fine.

You can always pick up soda in the ports to bring back to the ship.

Thanks for the info. We went on a HAL cruise two years ago and it seemed like the drink card was quite a bit less money. Of course, my memory might not serve me correctly.

Think I'll bring mine onboard. It is nice to be able to get a drink when visiting a piano bar or whatever, though.

Oh my. Thanks for the clarity - wow that is high. In Canada we pay about twice what US charges for a case of soda - and at those prices I'd need to drink almost a case a day to compare. I usually pick up a case when we get to the US and put it in my carryon so I don't get called to the "naughty" room. We do order a bar set up and use it as mix or just drink it when we want a soda.

Learn something new every day.

On our last cruise we saw cases of soda being delivered to peoples cabin. People just checked the soda with the porters. They had room cabin tags on just like their luggage. One room had 7 cases of soda (3 different kinds of soda-2-Pepsi, 2-Diet Pepsi and 3-Mountain Dew) and 3 cases of water outside their door along with their luggage.

Doug

Oh my. Thanks for the clarity - wow that is high. In Canada we pay about twice what US charges for a case of soda - and at those prices I'd need to drink almost a case a day to compare. I usually pick up a case when we get to the US and put it in my carryon so I don't get called to the "naughty" room. We do order a bar set up and use it as mix or just drink it when we want a soda.

Learn something new every day.

Sure, it is more than a case in price. But if you drink just 4 sodas a day, you are spending more than the card costs. Dinner, by the pool, at the buffet... it adds up.

I always get the soda card, and bring soda aboard to keep in my room... soda card does not work with room service...

Yes... I drink a LOT of soda... :rolleyes:

~Intrepid

;)

Sure, it is more than a case in price. But if you drink just 4 sodas a day, you are spending more than the card costs. Dinner, by the pool, at the buffet... it adds up.

I always get the soda card, and bring soda aboard to keep in my room... soda card does not work with room service...

Yes... I drink a LOT of soda... :rolleyes:

~Intrepid

Can't argue with that math !! You have a valid point, and I didn't know that you weren't able to use it with room service either. I'm just learning way too much today ;)

So for someone who would drink 4 or more a day it is worth it. Now, if I could convince them to switch to Pepsi we might have a deal :p And please no war of words on what brand is better, I can't be responisble for my replys. :D

On our last cruise we saw cases of soda being delivered to peoples cabin. People just checked the soda with the porters. They had room cabin tags on just like their luggage. One room had 7 cases of soda (3 different kinds of soda-2-Pepsi, 2-Diet Pepsi and 3-Mountain Dew) and 3 cases of water outside their door along with their luggage.

Doug

Just be sure to "tag" the cases on all sides. We've seen it done also:)

Some have said that the case arrives minus some bottles;)

;)

Can't argue with that math !! You have a valid point, and I didn't know that you weren't able to use it with room service either. I'm just learning way too much today ;)

So for someone who would drink 4 or more a day it is worth it. Now, if I could convince them to switch to Pepsi we might have a deal :p And please no war of words on what brand is better, I can't be responisble for my replys. :D

Hmmm...four or more a day may make it worth it for you.

You can argue the Pepsi/Coke deal with Disney also...when you have time:D

:)

Hmmm...four or more a day may make it worth it for you.

You can argue the Pepsi/Coke deal with Disney also...when you have time:D

I was trying to be nice. :D The math works ie: purchasing the can versus the glass/card at onboard prices. I wouldn't want to have to do it the whole trip for a whole family - seems too pricey(unless you have twins) Plus the Pepsi problem :) I'm a Pepsiholic. :o and will drag it with me when I can.

Disney? Haven't been there in years - don't tell me Mikey is a Coke head too?? Say it ain't true :eek:

The price on NCL does seem higher than others but if you drink 4 or more between lunch, dinner and the rest of the day then go for it. We do it for the kids, not usually us. Grandpaul might make the best point of all getting rid of the little slip.

In prior years the soda card was actually a stamp on your cruise card and a thermal (insulated) can which was printed with COKE on the outside. Generally all you had to do was present the container and the bar would refill it for you. Some abused the program, I would use the container and my wife would show her card with the stamp and we both received soda on the one card. They have filled the gap! After my last NCL cruise a few years ago I sold the thermal container on eBay for $25. Others knew what to do as well!

Doug

Does anyone know of a grocer who delivers to the Port of Miami?

Archived