Golden Princess - PH or Mini-suite?

hugosmom

We're considering the May 3 sailing of Golden Princess (from LA to Vancouver) and I'm looking for pros and cons between categories AC (mini-suite) and PH - as in, on which deck(s) would those suites be located and are they forward, aft, or mid-ship? I'm wondering if we choose mid-ship if we should look for starboard because the coast will always be on our right as we go north.

I'm also wondering about noise from above or below any of the AC or PH - any feedback to offer about Golden?

My other question is whether or not the cabin numbers on the doors are in Braille? That's not something most folks would notice unless they were specifically looking for it!

Thanks in advance!

Those two cabin types are very different in choice, as well as price. The PH has the full array of suite amenities, which the mini-suite does not. The mini-suites are nearly all on Dolphin deck, and all of the AC rooms are far forward or far aft, there are about 65 of those rooms on the ship. The 12 PH suites are mid-ships on Caribe deck.

There is little noise in either type room as you are surrounded by other cabins on those decks.

I do not see braille on the door signs, but I do know they are on the elevators and hallway signs. I think you would be able to count the doors down and perhaps add your own marker to your door?

Archived