Victory sailing out of Norfolk

Enchantment 04

Hey everyone :) it seems like I am jumping ship (no pun intended) and posting in the Carnival section :eek:! I have sailed RCCL 6 times and that is it. I guess you can say that I am happy with what Royal has to offer. Anyways, we are looking at the 6 night Bahamas cruise from Norfolk on the Victory. The Grandeur of the seas is also sailing from Norfolk around that time but Canada and New England sounds like it would be a boring cruise in the Middle of June. I feel like Canada and New England would be best at the end of the Summer/Fall. How is the Victory holding up? Has anyone sailed out of Norfolk on one of the 6 night Bahamian cruises? Are they any fun? Lots of young people? :cool:

My very first cruise was out of Norfolk on the Victory, and I have been hooked on cruising ever since! I have no idea how she is holding up, but I am sure there are people on these boards that have sailed her recently. We had a great time, LOVED the ship, but I honestly do not remember how many young people were on our sailing. With that said, at the time I was in my 40's, and I still consider myself young ;)

We sailed on the Victory from Norfolk for our HM in 2004. It was a really good mix of people, all age groups. Embarkation was a drag, but that was before they completed the cruise terminal.

While we enjoyed the ship, I wouldn't do that itinerary again. IMHO, the ship was in port in Nassau entirely too long.

My first cruise was on Victory in Sept. 2000 from Newport News (Norfolk).

While I would Victory again I would not bother going to Nassau and Freeport.

It was a good time!

There were lots of locals on board and plenty to do.

Cory Smidt (SP) was the CD then and has now moved on to Vegas but he helped make it a memorable time.

P.S. Gail were you with me on the sailing from NN?

I did the 5 day out of Charleston last year which is a week sooner than the Norfolk run. I saw quite a few 20-40 yrs. olds. The Victory has just come out of dry dock. I can take Nassau/Freeport or leave it. I really enjoyed my Dolphin encounter in Nassau but my daughter got irriated with all the women wanting to braid her hair ( she has got long blonde hair). Freeport is laid back. We did the glass bottom boat there which was fun.

The only thing about the Victory is levels 3 and 4 don't go all the way thru because that is where the dining rooms are located. Our next cruise we are looking at will be going to Nassau so I'll be doing something new there. Happy cruising :)

My first cruise was on Victory in Sept. 2000 from Newport News (Norfolk).

While I would Victory again I would not bother going to Nassau and Freeport.

It was a good time!

There were lots of locals on board and plenty to do.

Cory Smidt (SP) was the CD then and has now moved on to Vegas but he helped make it a memorable time.

P.S. Gail were you with me on the sailing from NN?

Hey Ron! Must have been, because we did sail out of NN! I will never forget the sight of seeing the ship the first time; actually was the first time I had ever seen a cruise ship. I VIVIDLY recall the rough seas our first night/day at sea too! Lucky for me I was not one to get sick, but there was plenty of rocking and rolling going on. I just remember being mesmerized by the beautiful colors of the ocean and the height of the waves. I could not wait to book my next cruise....the rest is history!

We are booked on Victory out of Norfolk in June. Really looking forward to driving to the port same day as sailing. Havn't been on Victory, but recall Triumph was laid out the same on certain decks that made it hard to get around on the ship.

we went on this cruise last year(6 night bahamas cruise from norfolk on the victory) and had a great time! this was our first cruise so we have nothing to compare it to. most of the people on the ship were from virginia. we met lots of couples our age(late 20's) on the ship. embarkation was crazy since the ship was late due to bad weather. check out the bahamas message boards to find fun things to do! thanks to that cruise we are hooked and are planning another this year!

We have sailed out of NYC a couple of times and its a little rougher then starting in Florida but I didn't think it was to bad. So I am assuming that sailing out of Norfolk would be no worse then sailing from NYC.

Archived