Jester cancelled - what to do now?

angelsil

I just found out that the Jester is being hauled out of the water for the balance of the season due to the crazy weather. I was scheduled to sail with them next week on my Explorer of the Seas cruise.

My husband and I really want to do a snorkelling tour in St. Thomas that's on a smaller boat. I know a LOT of boats are out of service. Are there any locals that can recommend someone still operating?

Thanks!

One suggestion - post your question to the ***** message board. There are several local people that read and post frequently to this board and would most likely be able to give you several suggestions. There are also several links under the Activities/Sports section of the St. Thomas page.

Is the Jester a daysail boat?? If so I am pissed because he had me booked and then after a few questions he said he made a mistake that there was another booking for that date. I would go on the Winifred if I was you, check this out: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2031491&posted=1

This is her website: http://www.sailwinifred.com/

You can contact Captain Sharon at this e-mail address: winifred@sailwinifred.com

I stongly recommend her Winifred, Tommy her first mate is GREAT!!!! You will NOT be disappointed.

Is the Jester a daysail boat?? If so I am pissed because he had me booked and then after a few questions he said he made a mistake that there was another booking for that date. I would go on the Winifred if I was you, check this out: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2031491&posted=1

I tried the Winifred. She's out of the water, too. The Jester is a daysail boat. I thought everything was set until yesterday. I can understand the logic, it just doesn't leave me with a lot of options or time.

AngelSil - I was also booked on the Jester and it was cancelled for next week as well.

Assuming I will make it to St. Thomas on the 21st I was able to re-book with Ike Witt. He did haul his boat out but is back in the water now.

Good luck,

Andrew

Understandably you folks that had your trip cancelled are dissappointed however I am pleased to see that you are also understanding in the fact that its a tough call for the boat owners. Ken-nyc you shouldn't be pissed that a boat captain or owner made the decision to cancel a booking because of the weather... Tropical Storm Jeanne is just 12 hours to a day away from us and strenghtening.

Andrew - glad you were able to get with Ike Witt... its a good boat and Pat a good captain and guide. Angelsil - hope you find a boat to work for you guys. A daysail is often the highlight of a vacation and many of the boats run excellent excursions. It is going to be difficult getting in touch with them right now... because of the storm.

Ken-nyc; you will have a good time on Winifred, she also runs a great excursion!! but again the boats that choose to secure their property for inpending storm activity should not be given flack for it as disappointing as the cancellation might be.

Hoping that Tropical Storm Jeanne doesn't continue to strenghten before getting to us in the VI and that Ivan through some miracle burns itself out and weakens before hitting the Gulf states!

--Islander

I know Interlinesail still has their boats in the water. I have friends sailing on Mariner of the Seas next week and they are booked for the St John snorkel day sail trip with Interlinesail on their boat Slo Dancin on Wed 9/22. Not sure which day you will visit St Thomas, but check with Captain Omar or Jan if you haven't already booked a day sail. Email them at interlinesail@bellsouth.net or call them at 340-690-8228.

The Islander, you mis-understood my problem with the Jester, He told me that he was sorry but had another booking after he already told me that I was booked for that particular date. It wasn't because of the weather, that I WOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived