Bridge Games

habibti

My mother (age 83) and I are on the Black Sea Serenade-Aug 08. She loves to play bridge. Although I play, I'd rather do other things - are there organized bridge games?? On Orient"s Marco Polo they always had a person on staff to organize and set them up. Is that available on O's Nautica - I hope so!! Any tips??

Also, I read something months ago when trying to decide on a cruise that there is a spa/hot tub that is free , but not publicized - Anyone know anything about it??

On some sailings there might be bridge instructors. If there are not, then you should be proactive and go to the card room on deck 9 and put out sign-up sheets and the like. Typically many cruisers go there on the first day or two of the cruise to see what is available and many "ad-hoc" games can be set up. The cabinets in the card room have cards.

When instructors are not available, the cruise director or staff will be happy to assist in scheduling and advertising bridge sessions.

(-: Jack

I don't recall if it was our Regatta cruise into the Baltic, 8-05, or our Nautica cruise Istanbul to Singapore 11-06 - there were so many bridge players that they used the Polo Grill as an additional card room. There were bridge instructors.

There is a 3rd hot tub in front of the Spa on Deck 9 - I don't know whether or not you must purchase spa services to use it.

There are two jacuzzis out by the swimming pool, also Deck 9.

On your Black Sea cruise there are only one or 2 sea days. In response to the printed announcement of time and place, on those days there will be enough players for anyone to get a game going, maybe even Duplicate. On the other days, that is port days, bridge is always scheduled in the daily informtion sheet, but I suspect the response is limited. There was no bridge instructor on the August '07 black Sea cruise, FYI.

Archived