Snuba

jdbmga

My husband and I did this in the Caymans a couple years ago. We thought it was a great experience and have since done it again in other ports. The feeling of breathing under water is cool. It really is like Scuba without the hassle.

We met at the pier and walked a block over to the beach where the headquarters was. We had a little instruction and then waded in the water and took off. The actual snuba is about 30 minutes.

As far as what you see, I wasn't overly impressed with the fish or the reef. However, I lived in the tropics for six years and probably have high expectations of what I would like to see. My husband loved it. However, he did later say that the reef and the fish were more vibrant when he went at Ixcaret. Of course, what you see on any given day can vary due to exactly where you are and the weather ect.

The thing we loved about the Snuba at Grand Cayman was that you didn't have to play 'follow the leader' with your guide. When we went at Cozumel we had to stay in a line.

If you like water sports and snorkling you will like the snuba.

It's run out of Divers Down, which is right in town almost next to the Royal Watler Terminal. I'd contact them direct although that price sounds about right.

SNUBA was originally developed in Israel and, having used it when I worked as an instructor in Eilat, I'm no big fan. You are, in my professional opinion, going to have more fun and be much safer doing a Discover Scuba or resort course.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on Carnival and booked their excursion. I'm embarrased to say that I can't remember the name, but it was just south of the port. The guide was great and I have already booked it again for our next cruise. I didn't like staying in a line, but it was still worth it.

Archived