Passport application timeframe

I promised to give an update on the passport application process, so here goes:

I just wanted to let you all know, I applied for my kids' passports in early November 07 (not expedited, just regular service) and I just got them both on Jan. 4, so it looks like it's taking around 8-9 weeks at the moment-not nearly as bad as it was last summer, like 12-18 weeks for most.

SO if you are leaving for spring break, better get a move on if you need passports.;) :D

My DW submitted her application on Saturday 12/22/07 and we received a passport back on Saturday 1/05/08. Couldn't believe it!!

Guess it figures since our cruise is not unit Oct '08, that it would come that quickly.

Just hope my passport renewal goes as smoothly, it's still in my briefcase :D

My mom sent her renewal in December from the Detroit area and got hers back in two weeks. We recently discovered ours were to expire this month, not this summer like we thought, so we sent ours expedited for an extra $30 each. We mailed them on Dec. 31 and got them back Jan. 7, just took a few days considering there was a weekend and holiday during that time.

If you go the website it says 1-3 weeks for expedited service and 4-6 weeks for basic service. They ALWAYS tack on a week or so to that so they don't have floods of calls from worried vacationers. We sent ours in last week. My daughter and I didn't have them yet. My husband got his in 2 days walking into the passport office in downtown DC.

Hi All,

Thought I would let you all know that we applied for passports on the 28th of December and recieved them today. It only took about 2 weeks..

Good Luck all and Happy Cruising....

Exactly the same here. Sent my application in on the 28th (non expedited), got my passport today

I promised to give an update on the passport application process, so here goes:

I just wanted to let you all know, I applied for my kids' passports in early November 07 (not expedited, just regular service) and I just got them both on Jan. 4, so it looks like it's taking around 8-9 weeks at the moment-not nearly as bad as it was last summer, like 12-18 weeks for most.

SO if you are leaving for spring break, better get a move on if you need passports.;) :D

I took my daughter to Walgreens for her photos then to the post office to file our application on December 12 - she received her passport in the mail on December 24 and we did not expedite our service. Also, my mom filed late October and received hers in about 3-4 weeks.

Archived