MIA-Flight later in the day - suggestions?

Soccerfan

Hi,

Our flight doesn't leave MIA until 4.00pm.

Don't want to sit around the airport for hours.

Does anyone have any suggestions to kill a few hours?

Do any hotels near the port offer a "Day Pass" that will allow us to use the hotel facilities such as the pool, until early afternoon?

Anyone been on the Celebrity Port Everglades Tour?

In the past (we're going back years), the hotel inside the terminal at MIA used to have day passes where you could use the pool deck. Not sure if they do that anymore.

If you're going into Port Everglades, you could try shopping/lunch along Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale. Or head to the Dolphin Mall (though that's west of Miami and would be a decent cab fare to there and then from there t MIA), or head to Bayside Marketplace in Miami (downtown shops along the water).

We took a cab to Parrot Jungle. It was about a 5-10 minute cab ride. We left our luggage at guest relations. When it was time to leave they called us a cab and we were off to the airport. We thought the park was nice but overpriced. The weather was so nice that day that we didn't care and were happy we got to enjoy the day outside instead of sitting in an airport.

I know the airport Hilton offers daypasses from 10:00 AM until around 6:00 PM. We had a reservation to do this but then cancelled 2 weeks prior when we decided to do Parrot Jungle instead.

We took a cab to Parrot Jungle. It was about a 5-10 minute cab ride. We left our luggage at guest relations. When it was time to leave they called us a cab and we were off to the airport. We thought the park was nice but overpriced. The weather was so nice that day that we didn't care and were happy we got to enjoy the day outside instead of sitting in an airport.

I know the airport Hilton offers daypasses from 10:00 AM until around 6:00 PM. We had a reservation to do this but then cancelled 2 weeks prior when we decided to do Parrot Jungle instead.

You gave me two wonderful ideas! Thank you so much! Do you know how much the Hilton was for the day pass? I love the Parrot Jungle idea too. I had no idea they would hold our luggage.

Thank you for the ideas.

I have just phoned the Hilton. They offer day rooms from 10.00am to 5pm for $115.00, which I suppose is o.k if you have a family sharing the room.

We don't need a room at all. I'm just looking for a nice place to relax, have lunch, a few drinks and soak up some sun before heading to the airport at 2pm and back to the winter of Canada :( . I explained this to the hotel and they said that's no problem we would be very welcome without having to reserve a day room. (If I had a longer lay over or had young children I think the day room is a great idea).

To me, this is a win - win situation. We will spend $$ at the hotel on lunch and drinks instead of at the airport, If we like the hotel we will probably book a room there when we are off on on our next cruise and we get to relax in a nice surrounding instead of passing time at the airport.

Thank you for the suggestions :D

Archived