Trevor Hudlin

touche

Just returned from the Conquest and had to put in a note about Trevor.

I don't know about the other Jamaican tour guides, but Trevor defines the word flexible. He brought us to Rose Hall Great House and we were there before all the cruise tours arrived. We received a nice tour with just the two of us. He then drove us around the area showing us the houses and trees. We got to try the ackee fruit and also learned a folk song about it. He also made a stop at Richmond Hill so we could take some great pictures of the whole Montego Bay area including our ship. We did some shopping at Half Moon bay center. Sometime in all of this we got hungry so a stop at the Pork Pit for jerk chicken and pork. And he introduced us to 'festival', a fried bread from Jamaica that tastes sort of like Beignets. We asked to go shopping in the City Center. That was the only not-so-good part of the trip. The vendors are real aggressive down there. Trevor did help us by intervening with some of the vendors and I wouldn't have felt safe alone down there. Many of the cruise ship tours stop there for shopping and the tourists are on their own.

We enjoyed our time in Jamaica and learned a lot from Trevor. There seems to be a lot of private tour guides and I think that is definitely the way to go and Trevor is the first person I would call next time I'm in Jamaica. His prices were about the same as the 4-5 hour cruiseship tours and was well worth it.

His website is: http://www34.brinkster.com/trevhudlintours/default.html

-Duane

We cruised in to Ocho Rios on August 24th and Trevor met us at the dock. We were a group of ten, ranging in age from 3 to 42 years old. Trevor took us directly to Dunns River Falls before all of the cruise ship tours got there and left us for about an hour and a half. We had done the falls before so we knew we could do it without a tour guide. Having that much time gaves ample opportunity to play in the pools and falls. We found that if you go with the tour guides they "run" you up the falls and don't give you any time to "play". When we were finished with the falls we met Trevor in the parking lot. He had not left the area so it was a seamless transition.

Our next stop was at the beach. We had requested a beach and a place to have "jerk" chicken. Trevor walked us down to the beach and introduced us to one of the waitresses at the beach shack. She took care of usfor the rest of the time that we were at the beach (drinks, food, chairs, etc.). We had planned to meet Trevor after two hours. He was at the assigned meeting place and once again it was perfectly seamless.

Our next request was to go to a Jamaican grocery store so we could purchase Blue Mountain coffee, jerk seasoning and Appleton Rum. We did not want to pay the tourist price. We got our purchases and Trevor drove us through downtown Ocho Rios. Along the way we commented about the guys on the street corner selling what looked like tiny limes. We asked Trevor what they were and before we knew it he was stopping and purchasing a bunch for us all to try. They were called gnipps? and they were really tasted. Once again he went above and beyond the call of duty.

We had about an hour and a half before we needed to get back on the ship so, Trevor took us to Margaritaville for some shopping and drinking. He dropped us off right out front and picked us up right out front. The place was chaotic but he had no trouble finding us and delivering us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

I cannot recommend Trevor Hudlin highly enough. We all felt like we had made a friend in Jamiaca and would love to meet up with him again. He made our day in Jamaica PERFECT!!!!!

Archived