Need info re Costa Romantica cruise Feb 16th out of Dubai

Highlander

Hi,

My wife and I are booked on this cruise and have tried phoning Costa cruises in the US to get a few questions answered but no one there seems to have any information about their cruises in the Middle East. Guess we have been spoiled by RCCL and Celebrity for getting questions answered.

I have a number of questions:

Does the ship dock at Port Rashid?

What is the earliest time you can board the ship?

Today we received our documents and it stated that embarkation was 8pm. When I originally booked I was told 2pm. We have already reserved a desert safari tour for that day with them picking us up at the pier at 3:30pm as I thought we could have dropped our luggage off first before heading out, if not is there anywhere to leave your luggage?

When we return the following Friday to Dubai at 2pm will we be allowed to leave the ship at midnight as we have a 3:00am (Saturday morning) flight to London and on to Canada?

Can you carry off your own luggage when you disembark?

In the travel documents (pg 28) it states you must be in possession of a 10 year passport (five years for children) My wife's Canadian passport is only issued for 5 years, will this be a problem?

Any information will be appreciated.

Cheers,

I would have thought there was someone out there that had taken the Romantica cruise out of Dubai and could answer some of these questions.

Cheers,

Do a search on the Costa thread for "Europa" and "Romantica", there have been a couple messages with some useful info.

Ron

Archived