teens?

heybabeitsbrooke

I'm curious as well. We are taking our 17-year-old on the NCL Spirit in July (as well as a trip to NYC). This will be our final summer with her befores she heads off to the Air Force when she turns 18 and graduates from high school.

She is really excited to go to Orlando and the Bahamas, but she isn't thrilled with the sea days. I've done everything I can to reassure her. She has never been on a cruise before, and as an only child, she has tons of friends at home and she makes friends easily. She doesn't really want to hang with mom and dad. I hope she can find some kids around her age to pal around with. Any advice would be appreciated.

My daughter had a great time in the teen club last Feb (but she had brought a friend along to join her), even though there weren't many teens on our cruise. In July, the ship should be loaded with teens. This past cruise, she hung out more with her sister and us, but she is a bit shy about meeting new people alone. It seemed to me that there were a lot of teens meeting each other and having a great time onboard though!

Robin

My kids have been on numerous cruises, although this is our first on NCL. They both love making friends on the ship and like to keep in touch with them afterwards. At 17, she really isn't too old for the teen club. Mine always go the first night, try to meet a few people to pal around with, and then rarely go back for the organized activities. If nothing else, my understanding is there will be a Wii on board That will be a great place to meet other teens.

Two years ago we cruised with our then 15 year old daughter and 11 year old son. They love it. The first night the teen club has a get to know you mixer. She is rather shy but she met some other teens and hung out with them all week. Both our kids much preferred the NCL kids activities to the Princess ones last year. Your teen will enjoy it.

Archived